Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:20:19 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Samorost 1 for sale?  (Read 18021 times)
Kwiebel
little rusty robot

« on: April 08, 2010, 05:38:00 pm »

Hi,

Why doesn't Amanita create a standalone version (like Samorost 2) of Samorost 1 and make it available for download?
I (and I think a lot more people) would be happy to pay something for a steady standalone. Maybe also provide a S 1 "soundtrack" with the download?
jst65
space invader

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 07:14:32 pm »

I think you can manage to save the SWF file.. And the soundtrack is not original like those of Samorost2 and Machinarium.. Smiley
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 09:03:33 pm »

Here is the link to download the files:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fvqgep09d4t

You can play the game via your browser without an Internet connection if you double-click on the 'Samorost 1.html' file.
And, if you have Adobe's standalone Flash Player, you won't even need your browser to play the game; simply double-click on the 'main.swf' file and you will be able to play through all of the levels in succession.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:14:51 pm by Lamkin » Logged
jst65
space invader

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:21:27 pm »

And, if you have Adobe's standalone Flash Player, you won't even need your browser to play the game

Hmm, I have noticed that my Flash player program has the Machinarium icon and Machinarium.exe in the title bar.
This is obvously cool,  Grin yet I am quite confused.

Did Machinarium setup messed with the executable I already had, or does it install its own Adobe Flash Player 10 anyway?
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:21:16 pm »

Did Machinarium setup messed with the executable I already had, or does it install its own Adobe Flash Player 10 anyway?
It installs its own Adobe Flash Player 10 anyway, but it is integrated with the game itself, of course, meaning that I do not believe it is possible for it to do anything other than what it was programmed to do: run Machinarium.
So now I am confused... =o)
Are you saying that you had Flash Player 10 as a standalone application before you downloaded and installed Machinarium, but now your standalone Flash Player application displays the Machinarium icon (where it hadn't before)? 'Cause that doesn't seem possible. What is possible, however, is that the Machinarium application has somehow become the default application for opening, say, all of your .swf files, so it launches automatically whenever you double-click on any .swf file. Might that be what's happening?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 11:30:45 pm by Lamkin » Logged
jst65
space invader

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 11:42:09 pm »

Hmm I don't know.

I may try to reinstall adobe flash player and see what happens, I am curious.

Look at this:

Default app is still Adobe Flash Player 10, with its new cool icon Wink
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 12:42:12 am »

That is odd.
=o)
Wonky icons, huh? ;o)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 01:09:38 am by Lamkin » Logged
jst65
space invader

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 01:16:59 am »

BTW this only happens with swf files on my drive, not those run via the browser.
If I run Samorost from amanita web site, the "About" screen of Flash Player opens the adobe flash info page with the version installed on my PC
This one: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

I have re-downloaded and re-installed the plugin and of course nothing changed.
But uhm, actually I can't remember a setup of the standalone player.
So I guess Machinarium installed it, and I never noticed the icon and title bar text before  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: