Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:56:55 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Samorost2 / linux  (Read 10800 times)
peregrinis
little robot

« on: May 17, 2010, 09:56:27 am »

Hello,

I ordered, on Sunday May 16th 2010, the game Samorost2. I received download links, it's ok. I find really sublime and unequalled your graphics and its textures. The relationship with nature is very fine, and I like that.

I am under Linux Ubuntu 10.04. I use the programm Flash Swfdec http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swfdec. What a pity the game is filled with bugs under this OS!!! It begins with the slide channel administrator of sound who does not work, as well as the sound of the intro root / branch which does not start. Then in the chapter 1, the poppies of the monkey fall to pieces, smokes jump without making beautiful volutes, the action to bring down bolts moved, the tongue of the fat sir who catches Samorost is completly bug... I don't want to know how is the chapiter 2.  What a pity!!! I buy a games which I find magnificent and meet disappointed. Is not there means to repair this bêtise?

Cordially
Peregrinis
nicolas
Global Moderator
space invader

pains-aux-raisins-based life-form.

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 12:19:37 pm »

Swfdec is great but doesn't support all features of Flash 9 and 10. Samorost2 probably uses some of these. I think the only solution is to use the official Flash Player plugin (or its standalone version - direct link, tar.gz), though it isn't a free software (as in freedom).  Smiley
peregrinis
little robot

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 01:49:23 am »

Indeed, it works very well now. Thank you for everything Wink

For more details, here is the recipe which I used (valid on Debian and Ubuntu) :

Unwind the flash_player_10_linux archive and go to the file " /standalone /release ". Unwind the file contained in this file and send the binary flashplayer in  /usr/bin. Its require the sudo rights. So, make a thing like that (with the file on the desktop) :

sudo mv /home/yourname/desktop/flashplayer /usr/bin

regards
Peregrinis
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 02:06:33 am by peregrinis » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: