Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:41:41 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac FAQ  (Read 21453 times)
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« on: May 22, 2010, 02:44:51 am »

You'll need to locate the Machinarium.sol file.
For Mac users, the file path is:

{YourHomeFolder}/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/{RandomSequenceOfLettersAndNumbers}/localhost/
{PathToYourMachinariumInstallDirectory}/Machinarium.app/Machinarium.sol

For Mac Steam, the file path is:

{YourHomeFolder}/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/{RandomSequenceOfLettersAndNumbers}/localhost/
Users/{YourHomeFolder}/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/machinarium/Machinarium.app/Machinarium.sol

Note that the user's Library folder is hidden from view by default in Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and above. If you're using 10.7 or above, this link will tell you how to find (or unhide) your Library folder:
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20082044-263/os-x-lion-where-did-my-library-go/
Edit: Seems the link above is gone, so here's a newer one:
https://osxdaily.com/2016/12/12/show-user-library-folder-macos-sierra/

1. Once you've navigated to the Machinarium.app* file that is nested within your localhost folder, you will need to Control-click on it and then choose "Show Package Contents" in order to see the hidden/invisible Machinarium.sol file.
2. Simply replace the Machinarium.sol file with the one that you've downloaded and you'll be all set.

* Note that this is separate from the Machinarium application that's in your Machinarium folder.
Also, for those who might not be aware, Mac OS X comes factory-set to hide most file name extensions, so you'll only be seeing the .app file name extension if you've chosen Finder→Preferences and turned on "Show all file extensions."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 08:49:18 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Gagalous
little robot

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 02:20:15 am »

I cannot figure out how to do this. I've control-clicked on the .app file and I don't see an option to choose "Show Package Contents." The file extension is .app... I've found the .sol file I downloaded as well...

I've located the Machinarium,app and I've clicked "Show Package Contents" and I cannot find my saved files. So I went into my Local Host folder and I saw a Machinarium file that I replaced with the one downloaded and now all my progress is lost.

I'm just confused. Help please?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 12:04:02 pm by Gagalous » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 05:44:18 pm »

I've located the Machinarium,app and I've clicked "Show Package Contents" and I cannot find my saved files. So I went into my Local Host folder and I saw a Machinarium file that I replaced with the one downloaded and now all my progress is lost.
I'm assuming the .sol file you'd downloaded is the one from location #13 (DrainageSewer)? If so, upon starting the game your screen would look like this:

So yes, all of your progress from the .sol file you'd replaced would be lost, but you'll be at the DrainageSewer location where you wanted to be, correct? And hopefully with all three wrenches present (i.e., one on the pipes, one in the book, and one in the drain)?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 01:08:43 am by Lamkin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: