Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:16:05 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win FAQ  (Read 39315 times)
jst65
space invader

« on: May 23, 2010, 07:45:34 pm »

Windows XP

Path to .sol file:

%AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\{RANDOMWORD}\localhost\{PathToYourMachinariumInstallDirectory}\machinarium.exe\Machinarium.sol

%AppData%=Refers to the Windows ApplicationData folder that is hidden by default (usually "C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data").

As an example, here's my own path:
C:\Documents and Settings\Stefano\Dati applicazioni\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\HG3TFH3S\localhost\Machinarium\Machinarium.exe

To get immediately to #SharedObjects:
Start > Run
Type: %AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects and hit OK

There should only be a single folder under "#SharedObjects" with a random name {RANDOMWORD}.
Browse to machinarium.sol file
Rename it to "machinarium.sol.bak", or save it somewhere else, for backup pourpose
Replace it with the .sol file downloaded from this forum.

Windows Vista/Seven

Path to .sol file:

%AppData%\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\{RANDOMWORD}\localhost\{PathToYourMachinariumInstallDirectory}\machinarium.exe\Machinarium.sol

%AppData%=Refers to the Windows ApplicationData folder that is hidden by default (usually "C:\Users\{username}\AppData").

There should only be a single folder under "#SharedObjects" with a random name {RANDOMWORD}.
Browse to machinarium.sol file
Rename it to "machinarium.sol.bak", or save it somewhere else, for backup pourpose
Replace it with the .sol file downloaded from this forum.

Note: Video mode is saved in .sol file.
"Fallen Bird" savegame is in 80% / Windowed mode in order to hopefully prevent potential resolution issues (that unfortunately didn't solve netbook visualization problem).
bnewcol
little robot

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 08:40:16 am »

I have done the instructions and replaced the sol file with the saved game from stash and it is still loading the game I am currently in.  And the only file I found on my computer after I did the #shared objects path was Machinarium.net and in it was the demo folder, and that is where I put the new saved game.  There is no other folder.  Within the demo folder, I kept opening up until I found the .sol file and replaced it with the one I downloaded.  The game opened up not with the new game, but where I was before.  I went to Load, and it only had my previous game in there.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 09:45:31 am »

Quote from: bnewcol
I have done the instructions and replaced the sol file with the saved game from stash and it is still loading the game I am currently in.... The game opened up not with the new game, but where I was before.  I went to Load, and it only had my previous game in there..

The replacement .sol files are there for when someone loses their progress in the game due to their saved game slots being erased.

So, then, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?  Are you trying to jump ahead to some level??

bnewcol
little robot

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 10:36:16 pm »

I thought the saved games were there if you got to a part in the game that you couldn't solve the puzzle, and wanted to download a saved game just after that puzzle.  I cannot get beyond the puzzle where you have to have all the green lights in the center circle, the red lights outside.  it is taking me forever and is frustrating.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 08:32:38 am »

Ah!  Now I understand what you're aiming for... and can also see where you went off course.

You missed a key word in jst65's explanation of what to do to find your .sol location in Win XP...

Path to .sol file:

%AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\{RANDOMWORD}\localhost\{PathToYourMachinariumInstallDirectory}\machinarium.exe\Machinarium.sol

Start > Run

It's LOCALHOST you should be looking for, not MACHINARIUM.NET!  The machinarium.net folder (which you can readily see in the #SharedObjects folder) only contains the demo application, so you can replace the .sol in there as often as you want but you'll never see the modification you seek in your installed full game folder.

What you'll want to do is first get to the #SharedObjects folder (as jst65 described) then double-click on "localhost".  From there drill down into "Program Files" until you finally reach... "Machinarium".  THAT is where you'll find the location of the .sol of your current game and then replace it with whatever level you choose from our .sol stash.

bnewcol
little robot

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 08:03:42 pm »

OK.  It was hard for me to see that, when it is computer paths, it is hard for me to follow.  Easier to understand when someone writes it out as you did, so thank you for doing that!  I will give it a try and keep you posted.
bnewcol
little robot

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 04:51:42 am »

OK, I did as you instructed.  I found the right file, but it will not open the machinarium saved game, it starts up with just "play new game", with all the saved slots empty.  is there any other instructions past saving the sol file in the exe file in local host?  Do i have to ask it to load?  but when i went to load, it showed no saved games at all.

Ah!  Now I understand what you're aiming for... and can also see where you went off course.

You missed a key word in jst65's explanation of what to do to find your .sol location in Win XP...

Path to .sol file:

Start > Run

It's LOCALHOST you should be looking for, not MACHINARIUM.NET!  The machinarium.net folder (which you can readily see in the #SharedObjects folder) only contains the demo application, so you can replace the .sol in there as often as you want but you'll never see the modification you seek in your installed full game folder.

What you'll want to do is first get to the #SharedObjects folder (as jst65 described) then double-click on "localhost".  From there drill down into "Program Files" until you finally reach... "Machinarium".  THAT is where you'll find the location of the .sol of your current game and then replace it with whatever level you choose from our .sol stash.

bnewcol
little robot

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 04:57:57 am »

Disregard - i redid it and it works!  yea!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 05:56:43 pm »

Disregard - i redid it and it works!  yea!

Excellent!  So, to follow up, do you now find a new saved game when you go to the "Load" option - or are you getting past the puzzle you wanted to skip over by clicking on "Resume Game"? 

Also, one other thing you might want to double-check on....  the .sol files Lamkin created are all at 80% Window Size.  Don't forget to increase to 100% (if that would be appropriate).  :~)

bnewcol
little robot

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 06:22:51 pm »

In the download that picked up after the green circle light puzzle that I couldn't do, a gun was missing from inventory that you get out of the safe once you complete the green circle puzzle, so i had to download the next saved game in the process to get that. 
I do have problems with the game itself, it will go to black screen or stay on current screen but stop working (the music continues, but I cannot move anyone or save the game or anything) and I have to close it and open it back up to get it to keep going.  I am thinking it may be a glitch when I have it at 100% display.  I will try playing at 80% from now on and see if that goes away.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 06:51:21 pm »

I do have problems with the game itself, it will go to black screen or stay on current screen but stop working (the music continues, but I cannot move anyone or save the game or anything) and I have to close it and open it back up to get it to keep going.

What are the specs of the Windows system are you using? (sounds like you're running low on RAM)

Edit... Nevermind what I originally wrote.  I just remembered that your freeze might be cured by disabling the hardware acceleration setting of your Flash player.

As noted here, you can do that by right clicking anywhere on the screen while Machinarium is running.  You'll then see two options: "Settings..."  and the next will state what version of Flash Player you are using.

Click on "Settings" and then chose the left-most tab of the five that you see along the bottom of that menu.  (that's the one that adjusts your "Display" setting)  De-select "enable hardware acceleration" and then close that menu.

See if that helps your black screen/freeze issue.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:18:12 am by Alex » Logged
bnewcol
little robot

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 06:06:18 pm »

OK, sounds like a plan.  I have lots of RAM, so that is probably it.I've got 2G of ram, Dell Intel duo core, Win XP.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: