Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:40:15 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Screen sizing on a netbook - HELP!  (Read 12101 times)
Austruck
little robot

« on: February 18, 2010, 03:24:02 am »

I own an Acer Aspire One netbook (10") with a widescreen (1024x600). When I started the game, among the various little helpful pointers was the word "MENU" that popped onto the screen for a few seconds, pointing to the bottom of the screen.

But, I cannot get to the menu because it's apparently BELOW where the bottom of my screen is. So I could not save my game or even exit properly and I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of the game, since I couldn't seem to find any typical keyboard shortcuts (like Q or Ctrl-Q) to quit and perhaps save on the way out.

I don't want to restart the game on the netbook now until I'm sure I can tweak the screen size or something so it will FIT the whole game screen onto the netbook screen without cutting off the bottom. (The top shows up fine -- with the inventory and hint areas working properly. It's just the bottom that gets cut off.)

Any clues??

---UPDATE---

I found another thread in here with this question -- seems I cannot use the menu option to get more than one saved game on the netbook but have to rely on "resume" instead.

A bit miffed about this, but I'll probably get over it.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:43:31 am by Austruck » Logged
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 08:14:30 am »

I own an Acer Aspire One netbook (10") with a widescreen (1024x600)....  Any clues??

You can view the game only in 100% mode (1250x790) or 80% mode (1000x632).  But maybe if you go to your Machinarium icon (desktop or whereever), right click on it to go to Properties, you might be able to find a workable fix.  Good luck!

sundog
little rusty robot

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 09:26:53 pm »

How to get 1024 x 768 and 1152 x 864 pix res available for the 10 inch display  This only works on Windows 7 equipped netbooks. A little avdanced.

Here’s what you have to do:

1) Run regedit
1a) If you are not on highest tree level, go to it (by click on “Computer” from key tree)
2) Search and modify all values “Display1_DownScalingSupported” from “0" to “1"
3) Restart the system
4) Enjoy the two new resolutions: 1024×768 pix and 1152×864 pix

Bottom of screen is now visible, change to window mode, then switch back to native res.

Thanks to:  http://www.netbooklive.net/how-to-get-better-resolution-on-your-standard-10-inch-netbook-2772/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: