Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:55:13 am

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey jd, any hidden easter eggs?  (Read 50179 times)
Rhialto
captain robot

the Marvellous

« on: October 02, 2009, 01:28:05 am »

Maybe it's not your thing and I never heard of any in either of the Samorost BUT with such attention to details like the little birds that fly off when you move the cursor over them then maybe you have hidden at least one easter egg this time?  Just curious...
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 07:37:45 am »

Funny you should mention that, Rhialto, because as I was playing the demo through tonight (for the umpteenth time) and had just gotten to the part where Josef slips on the oil and falls into the gully I found something that I think qualifies as an "easter egg".

One of my favorite Floex Machinarium pieces (for now) called "The Bottom" begins to play once Josef lands by the tracks and, this time, I just stopped maneuvering him around and let the music play while I turned my attention away from my computer.  After a while I heard some laughter, turned to look at the monitor, and saw one of those thought bubbles with an image of Josef and his girlfriend playing in a pond of oil!   Then it went back to him just waiting for me to do something - scratching his sides or spinning his torso to pass the time.

I'll betcha there are more like that in there somewhere!   Wink

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 07:39:37 am by ABoretz » Logged
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 09:52:24 am »

I wouldn't exactly qualify that as Easter-Egg ABoretz, I got it too the first time around. Did you see the one where they are both playing with paintoil-guns Tongue ? Funny...
nmi576
captain robot

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 10:36:23 am »

Hehe, I wanted to mention the one with the oil pistols as well. These are some cute little snippets. Left the game running as well but the robot-girl's giggling gave it away so I didn't miss a thing Smiley It's clearly the other form of the idle-animations. I wonder whether these will be part of the backstory in the full game or are they just there for fun. Nonetheless, it's a great attention to detail from the developers.
kosak
captain robot

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 01:56:55 pm »

yes! Those bubbles are amazing!! Grin
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 10:18:34 am »

Hehe, I wanted to mention the one with the oil pistols as well. These are some cute little snippets. Left the game running as well but the robot-girl's giggling gave it away so I didn't miss a thing Smiley It's clearly the other form of the idle-animations. I wonder whether these will be part of the backstory in the full game or are they just there for fun. Nonetheless, it's a great attention to detail from the developers.

I don't think of those bubbles as small detail, in fact they are a subtile way to add to the plot and show the player what this all is about! Of course we have read the game's plot summary but the player that starts right away with the game, without having read anything, will know what Josef's intention is (finding his girlfriend)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 05:37:25 am »

AMAZING info has come to my attention!  There actually IS an "Easter Egg" within Machinarium!

If you type the word "rebol" at the startscreen you get access to a developer testmenu and can use it to jump through all the levels and access all items.

source: Stephen Butler
  ( you can access "a Spaceinvaders game in the machinarium look" via that link )

nmalinoski
little rusty robot

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 04:01:20 am »

Has anyone noticed that when you enter the 'REBOL' code, there are 28 level buttons, but #28 is dimmed, and, when clicked, the game displays "this level is not available yet". Is there a 28th level that's somehow locked, or is it demonstrating functionality used during development (IE the level select was created well before all of the levels were added to the game)?
Dhokuav
little robot

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 01:38:06 pm »

I really hope it's part of Machinarium 2!
PokéManiac2471
citizen robot

'.'

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 08:45:02 pm »

Yeah, I like watching those little thought bubbles, but I don't think they're thought easter eggs...
I don't think a game as brilliant as Machinarium needs easter eggs.
bocian
little rusty robot

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 02:40:51 am »

Well, I found one. You probably noticed that one dead robot in the corridor with the vacuum cleaner. I played Samorost 2 just as I finished Machinarium and I noticed this poor guy Cheesy

http://pccentre.pl/images/products/Machinarium_2010-03-23_499.jpg

http://i1-games.softpedia-static.com/screenshots/Samorost-2_4.jpg
SleepyUser
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 02:06:39 pm »

Yes I saw him too.
He tells you the story of how
two robots found him.
I think...
RobotJosef
space invader

Eagerly awaiting Samorost 3

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 08:52:41 am »

Wow! Thanks Alex, as soon as I saw your post I went straight onto Machinarium and tried the "rebol" code.

It''s a great way to showcase Machinarium; just skip a few levels and show your friends the art of the game.

Good way to also go to the next soundtrack, because sometimes 6 saves isn't just enough for offline mode  Smiley

P.S: I was wondering what happened to ABoretz? He was last active on  February 09, 2011, 06:59:05 AM….. he made very good posts.

Big Thanks,

RobotJosef
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 07:13:58 am by RobotJosef » Logged

FloexFan aka RobotJosef
SleepyUser
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 05:58:01 pm »

Wow! Thanks Alex, as soon as I saw your post I went straight onto Machinarium and tried the "rebol" code.

It''s a great way to showcase Machinarium; just skip a few levels and show your friends the art of the game.

Good way to also go to the next soundtrack, because sometimes 6 saves isn't just enough for offline mode  Smiley

P.S: I was wondering what happened to ABoretz? He was last active on  February 09, 2011, 06:59:05 AM….. he made very good posts.

Big Thanks,

RobotJosef

Well, ABoretz seems like he just stopped visiting this site.
There are a few more users who were posting alot, but they stopped as well.

I guess they were no more intrested in visiting this forum.
(Or they lost their passwords to their accounts, maybe..)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 07:26:35 pm »

...I was wondering what happened to ABoretz? He was last active on  February 09, 2011, 06:59:05 AM….. he made very good posts.

Big Thanks,

RobotJosef

Well, ABoretz seems like he just stopped visiting this site.
There are a few more users who were posting alot, but they stopped as well.

ABoretz was a hologram that chose to enter "the World Code" and disappear.   Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: