Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:06:16 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SaveGame Question/Advice  (Read 15130 times)
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« on: October 03, 2009, 10:45:53 am »

I'm having a little problem here concerning SaveGames:

I'm understanding that Progress is saved in my case in "C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\EE95AWMA\localhost\Program Files (x86)\Machinarium\machinarium.exe\Machinarium.sol"

Will the Path starting from "#SharedObjects" always be the same? (e.g.: "EE95AWMA") It's a question really towards Flash programmers.

Well the problem is that I'm using CCleaner to clean my Cookies, temp files, private data...
but in the process the Flash files also get deleted! Along my progress! That could become really frustrating if one doesn't know abut this and gets his progress lost.

Is it not possible to do special savegame files that get saved in the same location as the game? Of course I could always back up my save before cleaning up since I know but someone else might be surprised.

Just my thoughts
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 10:48:16 am by popsUlfr » Logged
twistedgamez
little robot

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 11:09:25 pm »

I second this. If they can make a patch that lets the users save game go to the game folder it would be fantastic, although i dont think the security in flash lets the swf touch anywhere else in the HDD, maybe some online alternative, or level keyword to go back to the level you got upto?
Mongo
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 06:47:02 am »

I second this. If they can make a patch that lets the users save game go to the game folder it would be fantastic, although i dont think the security in flash lets the swf touch anywhere else in the HDD, maybe some online alternative, or level keyword to go back to the level you got upto?

If you haven't seen it yet, check out the sticky thread "Where are my Savegames?" There are some scripts there that might help. I'm using the first script listed in Reply #17, and it seems to be working fine. I just use a shortcut to that script now, and it handles restoring the game-save file from backup, launching Machinarium, and at the end of the session backing up the game-save file again. And, it puts the backup in the game folder, where it is unlikely to get deleted unintentionally. This, or something like it, should be part of a standard installation, in my opinion.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: