Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:46:50 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: problem with small screen  (Read 17398 times)
yoshimi
little robot

« on: October 03, 2009, 08:26:58 pm »

After reading the fantastic review in GamesTM, I downloaded the demo on my mac, and have instantly pre-ordered! loved the artstyle, music, puzzles and humour.

I've downloaded it to my nc10 netbook, and while the game looks and performs perfectly. I have a problem in that the screen is a bit too small for the game, and the options bar at the bottom is not visible. is there a way round this? keyboard shortcut to fit to screen perhaps?
mccartercar
citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 09:18:09 pm »

Do you have the updated version of flash player? I read someone with a problem similiar to yours fixed it that way.
yoshimi
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 10:05:23 pm »

i just tried installing the latest flash player, but it hasn't helped.  Sad

Another question i have is does my pre-order entitle me to both the PC and Mac versions of the game, or do I have to select only one?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 10:07:19 pm »

I've downloaded it to my nc10 netbook, and while the game looks and performs perfectly. I have a problem in that the screen is a bit too small for the game, and the options bar at the bottom is not visible.

Perhaps you'll find a solution that'll work for in the Amanita Design Blog discussion about the demo?
http://machinarium.net/blog/2009/10/01/machinarium-demo/#comments
Look for posts by "Kevin" & TRoss.

yoshimi
little robot

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 10:28:25 pm »

Thanks for your reply ABoretz, but it's not my mac that's causing the problem, its on my Samsung NC10 netbook, running win xp. the screen is only 1040 x 600.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 11:01:05 pm »

Look for posts by "Kevin" & TRoss.
"Kevin" is me. ;o)
I see at the bottom of the main Machinarium site (http://machinarium.net/) that it says the minimum screen resolution for the game is 1024x768, so you may simply be out of luck regarding your netbook. =o(
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:08:01 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: