Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:18:27 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: REBOL  (Read 18126 times)
ABoretz
god of all robots

« on: October 06, 2009, 02:58:14 am »

Carl Sassenrath and "REBOL Community" top off the Special Thanks column of Machinairum's credits.

"Technically speaking, REBOL [Relative Expression Based Object Language] is an advanced language that gains its advantage through lightweight domain-specific sublanguages and micro-formats."  http://rebol.com/what-rebol.html

Ooo now my brain hurts.   Shocked

JD, when you have some down time and can chit-chat (HA!), could you go into how your team employed REBOL?
Meanwhile, has anyone else here had any experience(s) with this technology?

julez
little robot

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 07:43:33 am »

My only experience with this is seeing it written in the blocks of the Machinarium guide. Funny that my search of what it means should lead me back here. Shocked Grin
Kjoene
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 10:58:02 pm »

My only experience with this is seeing it written in the blocks of the Machinarium guide. Funny that my search of what it means should lead me back here. Shocked Grin
I noticed that too lol, i thought i was the only one
henrikmk
little rusty robot

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 10:12:22 am »

Meanwhile, has anyone else here had any experience(s) with this technology?

I know one of the Machinarium programmers from the REBOL community and I'm from there.

This gives me a special interest in Machinarium. :-)

It's a programming language that's a little different from other languages, perhaps in the same way that Machinarium is different from other games. It's wonderful to work in, very powerful and you write only little code, rarely more than a few kBs for a specific task.

It's good for generating code in other languages, such as flash scripting and maintaining the logic behind the game, which I think is where REBOL was used. It gives you more leverage than trying to code in action script directly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: