Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:50:28 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I get Josef out of the furnace room? [SOLVED]  (Read 14425 times)
mina
little robot

« on: November 15, 2011, 12:00:20 pm »

After he presses the red button on the control panel he walks so slowly back to the cart that by the time he jumps into it the overhead scoop has stopped. Can someone please help. What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:53:42 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 06:34:00 pm »

When you get stuck on a puzzle have a look at the Walkthroughs provided here on the forum.   (these are the same screens that you can access by solving the Walkthrough puzzle book in the top right corner of every screen throughout the game)

mina
little robot

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 12:48:49 am »

Thank you Alex for drawing my attention to the walkthrough. The walkthrough, however, is no help when it comes to working out how to get the robot to walk fast enough to catch the grabber.

I sat up late reading through old posts but found no solution to this furnace room problem: Robot returns from control panel to cart so slowly he misses the grabber.

Continued playing and finally realized robot has 3 heights. I was reducing him to his shortest size which causes him to walk very slowly. He walks fastest at medium height.

I wonder why no one explained this simple solution to the other new players like myself who posted a request for help with this tricky bit.

I think receiving a little help from forum friends to get started enhances (rather than spoils) a newbie’s playing experience.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 05:07:47 am »

Quote from: mina

The walkthrough is no help when it comes to working out how to get the robot to walk fast enough to catch the grabber.

Unfortunately, the walkthrough is misleading when it shows Josef RUNNING to get to the coal trolley.  That's completely WRONG!  In fact, at no point in this game does Josef ever run.

No, once you have the three levers set correctly ( and, as you discovered, you then shrink yourself back to normal size ) you then point Josef to the coal trolley so he walks over to it, and you then make him jump in and the claw will come down to pick him up.

From there it's a matter of exact timing to get Josef to jump away from the claw and over to the platform.  ( it might take a few tries... "no one ever makes the first jump")that was a quote from the movie The Matrix   Wink

I wonder why no one explained this simple solution to the other new players like myself who posted a request for help with this tricky bit.

We already have.

The answer was in this topic:  Furnace: Can't jump in the car early enough

Also, it might help you to watch this YouTube video walkthrough of that level:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlWk5z6rheU  

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:14:27 am by Alex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: