Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:52:00 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Daedalic Entertainment to publish Botanicula!  (Read 9967 times)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« on: November 24, 2011, 11:37:52 pm »

Hamburg/Germany: November 24, 2011. German publisher and developer Daedalic Entertainment and Czech studio Amanita Design have extended their successful partnership. Daedalic will be the exclusive publisher of Botanicula, the new title from the makers of Machinarium, in most major European territories.  source: http://www.gamershell.com/companies/daedalic_entertainment/931758.html

Note: Daedalic Entertainment were the first to publish a boxed version of Machinarium back in 2009...

« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 11:39:32 pm by Alex » Logged
John Herbert
little robot

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 11:18:43 pm »

Hamburg/Germany: November 24, 2011. German publisher and developer Daedalic Entertainment and Czech studio Amanita Design have extended their successful partnership. Daedalic will be the exclusive publisher of Botanicula, the new title from the makers of Machinarium, in most major European territories.  source: http://www.gamershell.com/companies/daedalic_entertainment/931758.html

Note: Daedalic Entertainment were the first to publish a boxed version of Machinarium back in 2009...

Hi,
What is the significance that Botanicula has not been licensed for sale in the U.S. ? ... or did I interpret the article incorrectly?
Sincerely Signed:
Eagerly Awaiting Botanicula !  Smiley
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 08:07:08 am »

Quote from: jmh

What is the significance that Botanicula has not been licensed for sale in the U.S. ? ...

Daedalic, in Germany, was the first company to box Machinarium... or maybe it was Snowball Studios in Russia... I can't remember which one came first.

In either case - and as a matter of historical record - Machinarium was never boxed and sold by a U.S. company.  The English "Collector's Edition" was done by Lace Mamba Global but it's anybody's guess who Amanita Design will choose to do the English version of Botanicula.  After all, Machinarium was completed in 2009... two years ago.  That has to be an AGE in the game publishing biz.  Perhaps we'll see some new and heretofore unheard of publisher take on the U.S. edition.

Time will tell.

igloop
noble citizen robot

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 06:22:10 pm »

Yeah, none of Amanita's games have ever been published retail in the U.S.
I ended up importing Lace Mamba's UK Collector's Edition of Machinarium from Amazon and buying the Samorost2 CD from Amanita's Store page.
Steam has been the biggest avenue that Amanita's games have reached the U.S. audience, and I'm sure Botanicula will release on their as well. Though the best way to get Amanita's games will always be straight from their website download. Easiest, Quickest, and they benefit most from it. No costs of a physical copy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: