Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:57:37 pm

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: linux: first that horrible adobe air installer und botanicula even doesn't run,  (Read 62687 times)
Riao
little robot

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 07:17:29 am »

These are my hashes:
Code:
cebb95fd475ccad1d0826e85fc60ad49  botanicula-linux-1.0-1334708544.zip
9dcee69f4f9d83cee4f1b101e5a8bcfd  Botanicula.air

Unzipping Botanicula.air doesn't give me errors:
Pastebin

I'm pretty sure your file is corrupted.

My hashes are the same for both, but I will try downloading it again...
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 07:22:21 am »

That would be a waste of time since we have the same files. Did you try extracting from the terminal with unzip?
Riao
little robot

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 07:38:24 am »

That would be a waste of time since we have the same files. Did you try extracting from the terminal with unzip?

Okay I just did this and I'm still getting the same error when I try to install with Adobe Air.  However, I can unzip Botanicula.air with no errors.  I'm a little stumped.  Could it be the 64-bit version of Air that I've installed?  Should I instead go with the 32-bit version?  If there are no other ideas I will try this tomorrow.
titusAF
citizen robot

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 08:58:03 am »

Hi,

I succeeded in filling my /tmp while installing Botanicula per AdobeAirInstaller,
and I got that same message about a damaged file.

You need 2-3 GB in your /tmp free to install, so I had to move my /tmp first.

Hope this helps somebody,
G,
  Jörn
DarkStarSword
little robot

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 10:21:02 am »

I have had *every* problem mentioned on this forum and wasted a lot of time figuring out why Air sucks. Sorry, I meant "doesn't work":
* Cannot install air because I "don't" have gnome-keyring installed (BS! I do)
* Installing air as root it fails to launch the sub installer
* Manually launching the sub installer as root fails because of gnome-keyring (WTF!?! I'm already root!)
* Using the deb package mentioned in this thread instead of the .bin got air installed
* Air claimed that Botanicula was corrupt (BS! The md5sum matches!)
* Once I had all that working the mouse didn't work in game (OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS!?)

Solution:
Download the air 2.6 *SDK*, not the runtime (Adobe is clueless, their runtime is full of fail).
I assume that the SDK and Botanicula.air are in your current working directory. Run:

mkdir air Botanicula ~/BotaniculaSaves
tar xvjf AdobeAIRSDK.tbz2 -C air
unzip -d Botanicula Botanicula.air
echo 100,off,high,en,1,0 > ~/BotaniculaSaves/settings.txt

./air/bin/adl -nodebug Botanicula/META-INF/AIR/application.xml Botanicula/

That last line is all you need to start the game from then on, put it in a shell script or something.
juba
little rusty robot

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 04:16:30 pm »

I have had *every* problem mentioned on this forum and wasted a lot of time figuring out why Air sucks. Sorry, I meant "doesn't work":
* Manually launching the sub installer as root fails because of gnome-keyring (WTF!?! I'm already root!)
* Using the deb package mentioned in this thread instead of the .bin got air installed

I, too, had all these problems except the mouse because I never managed to install the game.

But you, sir, are a genius : thanks to your solution I've been able to install the game on a 64-bit linux system and it seems to work flawlessly, without even to have to launch the horrible adobe air installer.

Thanks a lot ! This should be copy/pasted on the "Running the game under linux" subject.
madjr
little robot

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 04:46:32 pm »

this link from the adobe site, might also be useful:

http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/install-air-2-64-bit.html#main_Install_AIR_2_on_64_bit_Ubuntu_9_04
madjr
little robot

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 05:02:48 pm »

oh if you're using ubuntu.

this deb installer for air could work for you:

http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/lin/download/2.6/adobeair.deb

source:
http://www.jamesward.com/2010/10/14/install-adobe-air-on-64-bit-ubuntu-10-10/#comment-392595483

Note: please give feedback if it works for you Smiley
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:11:54 pm by madjr » Logged
eriktorbjorn
little robot

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 06:43:45 pm »

Solution:
Download the air 2.6 *SDK*, not the runtime (Adobe is clueless, their runtime is full of fail).
I assume that the SDK and Botanicula.air are in your current working directory. Run:

That worked beautifully. Thanks a lot!
astray
little robot

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 10:22:51 pm »

@eriktorbjorn maybe this is helpful for your case?:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/87447/how-can-i-install-adobe-air

It did help some, but it's now well after midnight so I didn't read it very carefully. I guess the Adobe AIR installer tries to dlopen /usr/lib/libgnome-keyring.so.0.2.0 dynamically, but Debian now puts it in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgnome-keyring.so.0.2.0 instead. So a simple symbolic link fixed the Adobe AIR installer, but I wasn't able to use the Adobe AIR Application Installer to install Botanicula because it claims that the installer file is damaged.

I don't think it's damaged - the .air file appears to be just a ZIP file, and unzip doesn't find any errors in it - so maybe there are other libraries missing. I'll have try again later, when I'm awake enough to actually read what others have written.

Hi,

I got into the same troubles as eriktorbjorn.

I could install AdobeAir only with troubles because this obsolete piece of bloatware is not available in 64 bit version.
http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/lin/download/2.6/AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

I got following error when I tried to run Botanicula.bin: "The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author." The installer just died off silently. I don't know how to debug it. How can I get some log messages? There were none even when I was running it from console. (I know now I shouldn't have stepped out of debian world Smiley

The MD5 sum of Botanicula.air is
9dcee69f4f9d83cee4f1b101e5a8bcfd  Botanicula.air

I use Debian SID updated today, KDE, linux kernel 3.2.0-2-amd64.

astray
little robot

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 11:18:23 pm »

Hi,

I got into the same troubles as eriktorbjorn.

I could install AdobeAir only with troubles because this obsolete piece of bloatware is not available in 64 bit version.
http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/lin/download/2.6/AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

I got following error when I tried to run Botanicula.bin: "The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author." The installer just died off silently. I don't know how to debug it. How can I get some log messages? There were none even when I was running it from console. (I know now I shouldn't have stepped out of debian world Smiley

The MD5 sum of Botanicula.air is
9dcee69f4f9d83cee4f1b101e5a8bcfd  Botanicula.air

I use Debian SID updated today, KDE, linux kernel 3.2.0-2-amd64.

I made it running using SDK version of Adobe Air. Thanks to DarkStarSword!

Riao
little robot

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 01:30:31 am »

* Once I had all that working the mouse didn't work in game (OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS!?)

Solution:

That last line is all you need to start the game from then on, put it in a shell script or something.

As others have stated this worked for me too.  Many thanks!!!

This should be added to the sticky.
Vunktabir
citizen robot

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 08:58:36 pm »

I also want to urge the developers of Amanita Design to switch from AIR to something better.

• AIR for Linux isn't updated anymore, so it is a growing security risk.
  • I can confirm the VAST amount of disk space it uses for simply installing a game, i.e. Botanicula: 700MB .air file, 1.4GB installed game, 4.1GB in /tmp dir while installing! Shocked
  • As listed here, there are many alternatives to AIR that don't have its drawbacks.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: