Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:14:42 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fullscreen with 100% window doesn't fill 100% of the screen  (Read 21337 times)
Vunktabir
citizen robot

« on: April 22, 2012, 09:07:11 pm »

Greetings,

I can't get Botanicula to use 100% of my 1920x1200 screen, even when I choose "fullscreen" and "windows size 100%". It only fills approx. 60% of the screen. Stretching it to fullscreen via Compiz' "Maximumize" function doesn't work either.

My system:
Ubuntu 10.04 64Bit
Nvidia GeForce 9800GT (driver: nvidia-current 195.36.15-0ubuntu2)

Any help is appreciated

Vunktabir
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:09:56 pm by Vunktabir » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 07:25:27 am »

We had a few posts in this regard when Machinarium came out.  Have a look a these threads and see if you can tease out a solution...

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:39:28 am by Lamkin » Logged
Vunktabir
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 08:08:56 am »

Hello Alex,

thank you for your answer. I may try the solutions suggested there. But ultimately, having to change the system resolution to play is only a workaround. Since I often switch between work and play, it also is not a practicable solution for me. Moreover, on a TFT display any non-native resolution is blurry.

Another way to counter the problem would be to start the game within its own xserver with another screen resolution, thus fully separated from the desktop. But even if Botanicula can be started in this manner (not all games do), the game itself should care about those things as most other games and applications with fullscreen modes do. Or in short, "Fullscreen 100%" should be 100% of the full screen.

So I see and would like to report this as a bug. How and where can I do that?

Cheers

Vunktabir
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 04:04:23 pm »

Quote from: Vunktabir

So I see and would like to report this as a bug. How and where can I do that?

You just did.  Smiley   But don't hold your breath waiting for a solution.  100% mode with a surrounding black border has been Amanita Design's style since Samorost 1.

However, if you want to push it, follow the About tab up top.

Vunktabir
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 07:33:29 pm »

You just did.  Smiley   But don't hold your breath waiting for a solution.  100% mode with a surrounding black border has been Amanita Design's style since Samorost 1.

Time to recognize nowadays' myriad of machine configurations from netbooks and tablets to big PC monitors and flatscreen TVs.  Cool

However, if you want to push it, follow the About tab up top.

I'll consider that. Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: