Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:12:02 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Machinarium as a gift  (Read 7854 times)
Rotwang
little robot

« on: April 24, 2012, 05:45:12 pm »

Sorry if this has been asked already, I found some similar topics but they were from 2009 when the mechanism for buying the game was apparently different.

I want to buy Machinarium for a friend but it's not clear how I go about that. If I click the "Buy This Game PC/MAC" button at the Machinarium site it brings up a dialogue box asking me to enter my email address and then choose my payment option. There's also a checkbox that says "Purchase as gift". But it's not clear how that's supposed to work - should I put in my own email address or the recipient's? If I put the recipient's and try to pay with PayPal, will it let me pay with the PayPal account associated with my own email address? Putting in my email address and pressing the PayPal button with the checkbox ticked gives me no further clues, it just takes me to a payment page.
nicolas
Global Moderator
space invader

pains-aux-raisins-based life-form.

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 08:38:28 pm »

Amanita's store use the same back-end than the Humble Bundle, so the gift system is probably the same. Here's what the Bundle says about the gift option:

To give the bundle as a gift for someone else, just make sure this checkbox is checked and enter your own email as you normally would. You will be emailed a special gift URL that you can give to the recipient, which will let them retrieve the games at any time.

Smiley
Rotwang
little robot

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 11:44:57 pm »

Nice, thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: