Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:02:40 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NOT Bug in chef's house - pepper pot stuck - SPOILER here  (Read 15606 times)
EMM
little robot

« on: May 01, 2012, 11:08:41 am »

Seems a buggy bit of code. Can't get flying character to deliver pepper pot dose to sleeping chestnut. It goes to the pepper pot but won't fly across the room and just goes back to the shelf. This is the last chicken that I need to complete this section. Very frustrating ....

All my Flash software up to date (+ AIR) - MacBook Pro - OSx 10.7.3 - 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8Gb 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:20:55 am by EMM » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:01:55 pm »

Seems a buggy bit of code. Can't get flying character to deliver pepper pot dose to sleeping chestnut. It goes to the pepper pot but won't fly across the room and just goes back to the shelf.
So once Mr. Feather reaches the pepper pot, you can't control him? Or you can control him but you can't "fly" him over far enough?
Either way, have you tried quitting and then restarting the game?
EMM
little robot

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 11:48:05 pm »

Clicking the pepper pot on the shelf gets the flying character into the air. It picks up the pepper pot and my attempts to fly it over to the sleeping chestnut with the cursor doesn't work. I get just over the boiling cauldron, the pepper pot shakes and the flying characters gives up, puts the pepper pot back on the shelf and flies down to the rest of the gang.

By the way, I downloaded this version from the Apple App Store - so it's not the buggy one downloaded before the official release.

Thanks.
EMM
little robot

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 11:49:00 pm »

ps. Yes, have tried quitting and restarting. No change ....
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 07:46:42 am »

By the way, I downloaded this version from the Apple App Store - so it's not the buggy one downloaded before the official release.
I'm seeing that the App Store version is 1.0, but the Humble Bundle key page has the game updated to version 1.1. I assume the update will be on the App Store fairly soon. Anyway, maybe that would solve the issue? I don't know. In the meantime, you can e-mail the developers (support at amanitadesign dot com) to let them know about the problem. One thing I'm noticing on the forum is that Lion users seem to be the ones having issues with the game, but Snow Leopard users aren't so much. =o0
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 02:00:59 am by Lamkin » Logged
EMM
little robot

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 08:26:14 am »

Thanks for your help. WIll email support. E
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 10:27:43 am »

hi EMM,

maybe theproblem is that you try to click with the pepper somewhere. you just need to click on the pepper and when Mr. Feather grabs it, move the cursor over the sleeping guy and shake with your mouse a little (no clicking at all).

EMM
little robot

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 12:44:40 pm »

Thanks JD! You solved it for me. I was stuck in a way of clicking the pepper pot. Works when you click on the mouth of the snoozing chestnut after you've clicked on the pepper pot on shelf. Once over the mouth with the pepper, jiggle the pot with the cursor and the pepper comes out!

Cheers.

EMM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: