Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:22:10 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: crab won't notice bat bug [SOLVED]  (Read 96988 times)
colleen
little robot

« on: May 01, 2012, 05:24:49 pm »

So frustrating!!! I am stuck and unable to get the bat bug engaged with the crab creature.  I love this game and want to move on.  I looked at the you tube and the other walkthroughs, turned off computer, closed program, had others try and NOTHING IS WORKING.  Please help.
thanks , Colleen
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:27:35 pm by Alex » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 08:53:52 pm »

So frustrating!!! I am stuck and unable to get the bat bug engaged with the crab creature.
I'm not sure which part you're referring to. Could you be more specific?
colleen
little robot

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 12:10:07 am »

Yes--it is early in the game when the job is to collect chestnut children. After having collected two of the three chestnut type kids the friends must pass using one leg of a two legged spider type stretched over to the limb of the branch where the friends wait to use. when trying to move along the crablike creature chases them back to the crunching moth.  A bug has previously been captured with bubble popping from atop a  big black bat .  The bug from the drop down menu is supposed to be given to the crab so the friends can pass into last section of the chestnut children.  Am I making sense??  hope you have a solution and I thank you in advance.
C
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 07:39:16 am »

Okay, I see that this same issue has been mentioned in another thread: http://forum.amanita-design.net/index.php?topic=3788.msg11117.html

Please e-mail the developers (support at amanitadesign dot com) to let them know about the problem. Also, if you'd purchased the game from the Humble Bundle, make sure you've downloaded the latest version of the game (v1.1).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:47:51 am by Lamkin » Logged
texasfrance
citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 12:00:44 pm »

That might well be the problem: I have 1.0.0. Where do I get the upgrade?
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 02:50:04 pm »

That might well be the problem: I have 1.0.0. Where do I get the upgrade?
Depends on where you bought the game. My guess is that you'd purchased the game from the Humble Bundle. Humble Bundle buyers can re-download the game from the key page. The developer mentioned that the file was corrupt but that has been fixed:
hi guys,
the new ver. 1.1 file for Mac was indeed corrupted but it should be ok now.please try to download it again.

sorry for troubles!
jakub
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:55:19 pm by Lamkin » Logged
texasfrance
citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 04:24:22 pm »

I got mine from the Mac app store, which doesn't have an upgrade as of just now.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 09:11:23 pm »

I got mine from the Mac app store, which doesn't have an upgrade as of just now.

Okay. One of the developers posted this in another thread:
we have already uploaded...version (1.1) on Mac App Store and now it's waiting for Apple's approval. should be out in a matter of days.
texasfrance
citizen robot

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 11:53:19 am »

Incidentally, this turned out not to be a bug at all. I received an e-mail from support with a very useful clue in it. The beetle's not supposed to eat the bug at all. More I will not say, except that Amanita's support crew rocks.
Valerie3
little robot

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 12:26:13 am »

I purchased Botanicula on August 1. from Humblebumble and have the same problem which was mentioned here before.
The version I got is 1.0.1. How can I proceed to get to the third chestnut child? (OSX 10.9.4)
I'm grateful for any support, because I really love that game.

Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 04:20:37 am »

Valerie3,
I'm assuming you're getting stuck by the stretchy spider-bridge. If so, click once on the trumpet bug in your inventory and then release the mouse button. Notice that you're still holding the trumpet bug. Then, while holding the trumpet bug, drag it down and click your mouse again on the large beetle. Screenshot below:

Now click your mouse.

Hope that solves your issue.
Valerie3
little robot

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 10:14:32 pm »

Thank you so much!!! That solved it.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: