Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:19:05 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't find .sol file  (Read 20842 times)
sdculp
little robot

« on: September 30, 2012, 08:34:29 pm »

Windows XP Professional, sp3
I moved Machinarium from my desktop to my laptop.  I started the game and made a save so as to create an .sol file.  That way I would know where it was so I could transfer the old saves to the laptop. The game starts up from where the save was made, so I know the save has been made somewhere.

I searched c: for the .sol file and could find nothing.  Even worse, I can't even find a macromedia file in application data.  I even searched for Machinariuim in c: and came up with only the usual program files.

How and where is the game saved??  Or am I missing something in my search?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 08:50:26 pm »

From the WinFAQ

Path to .sol file:   %AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\{RANDOMWORD}\localhost\{PathToYourMachinariumInstallDirectory}\machinarium.exe\Machinarium.sol

sdculp
little robot

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 09:12:11 pm »

Yes, I understand that.  However, in the laptop,(new), if I do a search in c: application data, there are no references to macromedia, flash player, #shared objects or anything like that.  If I do similar searches in my desktop, all those references are there.  It's as though macromedia and flash player have not been installed, but this isn't a requirement for the game and I never made a separate installation of macromedia in the desktop.  It almost seems as though there is something screwy with the Explorer search, although it works OK in all other instances.

The game seems to work ok and starts with the saved portion.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 09:27:56 pm »

Have you specified "Show hidden files and folders" in your Explorer preferences?

sdculp
little robot

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 09:52:01 pm »

Yes,I'm showing hidden files and folders.  But, AHA!!, I just stumbled on the answer after too long trying!!  It has to do with the search settings in winxp pro.  The advanced search settings have to be set for subfolders as well as hidden files and folders, otherwise the search will not go "deep" enough.

Thanks for the responses.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 10:00:05 pm »

The advanced search settings have to be set for subfolders as well as hidden files and folders, otherwise the search will not go "deep" enough.

Excellent!  Thank you for your input.  We'll amend the WinFAQ to more clearly specify this detail.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: