Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:13:06 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfer Game Progress to New Device  (Read 11508 times)
goombah
little robot

« on: January 13, 2015, 04:53:22 am »

My son has been playing on a Nexus 7 (2012) and has progressed fairly far in the game.  We gave him an old Galaxy S3 for his birthday and he'd like to start where he left off.  I have him set up on Google Play Games on both devices.  It signs him in, but nothing comes over.  I thought it would have allowed cloud saves but I'm not seeing it.  I don't see any save files when I scan the Nexus in Windows.  I know they must be there somewhere.  It's not rooted.

Any suggestions or options?  All help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 07:36:35 am »

First off, full disclosure: I don't have an Android and I'm not an Amanita Design developer.

So, that having been said, here's my best shot:  It says here that version 2.0.21 has "Cloud Save"  Maybe your son can figure that bit out?

It also says there on that GP page !! Please note that your old saves from 1.X version will not work, but you can use the "Lost Save" functionality within the game to partially recover your position (there are 6 pre-saved positions from various parts of the game).

If he can figure out how to use the "Lost Save" feature to return to someplace ~close~ to where he left off on his Nexus 7 your son could take off from there on his new Galaxy S3 and only have to replay a few levels to get back to where he left off.  (have him look at the Walkthrough topic on this forum to get a sense of where he left off)

Either way that's the best I can do for you amigo.  Good luck and please update your topic when you figure out how best to transfer your son's game progress to his new device.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:29:34 pm by Alex » Logged
goombah
little robot

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 05:35:10 pm »

Thanks Alex.  I was relying on the "Cloud Save" feature to work (that's why I signed him up for Google Play Games in the first place), but it didn't.  I don't know if it goes by device or what.

I saw the "Lost Save" feature and was considering that as a last resort.  Now that you mention it, I'm thinking that's the direction I'll have to go. 

Again, thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: