Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:27:59 pm

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you for a linux version  (Read 52798 times)
Op
little rusty robot

« on: October 18, 2009, 05:16:43 pm »

Thank you for a linux version. This was (also) the reason why I bought full version.
arag0rn
little rusty robot

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 05:25:43 pm »

I've just registered only to say the same thing :-). I *truly* love all Amanita's productions, but I wouldn't buy Machinarium without Linux support. Keep up the good work!

Regards,
arag0rn
sobkas
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 10:42:11 pm »

Yes, I'm really happy to see native version. Thank you.
Bummlmitz
little robot

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 08:06:07 am »

Thanks guys. Just placed my order after testing your Linux Demo.
Squiggle
little rusty robot

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 08:29:10 am »

Yes, thanks so much for the Linux version.

Please note however that under Ubuntu 9.04 (Flash 10, ATI proprietary drivers) the mouse input (click hotspots, etc) was almost complete broken until I disabled hardware acceleration and ran in windowed mode. Sad
CyD
little rusty robot

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 11:46:36 pm »

Hi,

Just wanted to say, thanks for the Linux version! I haven't had a chance to fire it up yet, just completed the purchase, can't wait. Much appreciated!

Joe
Solipse
little robot

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 09:21:19 pm »

Hey,

Your game is just great and so damn addictive.
I couldn't help buying the full version when seeing it was linux compatible.
However I'm a bit disapointed there for some reasons :
- Full screen makes the game unplayable (mouse lag when reaching a clickable zone)
- The savegame file is dependent of the program name and location which makes very annoying the creation of a shortcut : it must be a shell script for launching the game from it's folder and the savegame will be specific to the launcher >< !
- It crashes sometime (happend to me manipulating the oil buoy and an other time I forgot)

I'm wishing some update soon, please !
SlickMcRunFast
little robot

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 08:08:52 am »

Beautiful and addicting game. Thanks for making it for Linux so I could play. I'm starting my second time through tomorrow.
danceswithferrets
little rusty robot

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 11:55:25 am »

Great game, thank for offering a linux version  Grin
ced117
little rusty robot

ced117, le pur geek d

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 04:10:38 pm »

Thanks for the Linux version ! Cool
I really love this game !
basso17
little robot

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 04:42:26 pm »

Thanks for the Linux version. That's the main reason why I bought the game (though I also want to use it on my rare forays into Windows).
everdred
little robot

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 07:59:17 am »

I registered for this forum to add my thanks to this thread, and say that I only bought this game because a Linux version was offered. I understand that it's "only" Flash, so it probably wasn't a huge job to port, but official Linux support is nice. More games should do this.

While I'm here, I'll also echo the frustrations expressed earlier with the slow cursors (this in Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10) and random flickering, but I'm dealing with it. I have an Intel video card on the 9.10 install and Nvidia on the 9.04, and hardware acceleration off on both, if it matters.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:58:17 pm by everdred » Logged
chozar
little rusty robot

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 07:26:37 pm »

Similar to others, I bought this game solely because there was a Linux version.  I came here to say the same thing.  I really appreciate that support.

A tip to others that may have had the same issues I ran into:  I use an x86_64 system, and there is no native 64 bit standalone flash player.  There is a 32 bit standalone flash player, this as well as the lib32 libraries must be installed, easy enough.  I had some performance issues, but like on Windows, I just had to update to the latest drivers.  I use ATI, and installing the latest Catalyst drivers made things smooth as butter.  The standalone flash player uses a form of hardware acceleration, Xvideo, which the proprietary drivers do a much better job with on new hardware (ATI 4200 IGP).  Right clicking and enabling or disabling hardware acceleration doesn't really change anything.  I'm able to play full screen, 100%, with no apparent lag.

It is such a beautiful game, thanks again for all of your hard work.
purplerhino
little robot

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 06:04:18 am »

I second this thread, or thirteenth it I suppose.  I never even heard of it till it came up on linuxgames.com, when I saw it I bought it five minutes later.  Thanks!

Grin
sszymczy
little rusty robot

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 01:06:10 am »

Thank you for making a Linux version of Machinarium, I bought it right after I finished the demo. It's a great game! Too bad that the flash player on Linux is a little unstable.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: