Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:20:04 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Language?  (Read 14460 times)
Grichte
little robot

« on: March 14, 2013, 04:11:10 pm »

Hello everybody.
Where can I found the menu to change the English language to French one?
Thank you and regards.
Martijn
little robot

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 04:38:24 pm »

Hello everybody.
Thank you and regards.
I don't think that there is a option. But only the start screen has words, so the only words you have to know are:

Start new game = Commencer une nouvelle partie
Save (the game) = Sauvegarder (la partie)
Load (the game) = Charger (la partie)
Resume game = Reprendre la partie

I hope that google translator did it right  Wink.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 07:26:22 am »

Yeah, there isn't a menu to change the language. So if your copy is in English, you will need to exchange it for a French version of the game. Where did you purchase the game, Grichte?
Grichte
little robot

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 11:14:27 am »

Thank you very much for your answer, I bought the program on the App Store (Switzerland?) and I red that different languages were able!
Regards
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 06:37:55 pm »

All right, so you bought the game from the Switzerland Mac App Store, but the language was in English. Hmm. I'd figure it would be in German, but googling this I see it's pretty confusing with the Switzerland Mac App Store. I have no idea how you would—or if you could—obtain a French version of the game from the Switzerland Mac App Store, sorry.

I'm also unsure where you could purchase a downloadable French copy of the game. But you can purchase a physical copy (DVD) with the French version on it from Amazon France:
http://www.amazon.fr/Amanita-Design-Machinarium/dp/B003FST9GK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363368956&sr=8-2
Amazon France claims they ship to "any address in the world, except for Cuba, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and areas not served by the French postal service."

Or perhaps a physical copy of the French version of the game could be purchased from Ebay France? You might want to check that out as well.

Also, just to note that I'm not an employee of Amanita Design, I'm just a fan. :)

One last thing is to reiterate what Martijn has said, that only the menu items (i.e., save, load, etc.) and the text in the junkyard screen contain words that require translation—there is essentially no spoken dialogue or text in the rest of the game.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:22:29 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Grichte
little robot

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 07:12:01 pm »

Thank you, I read English without any problem, but I red on the App Store that the game may be downloaded in various languages and I do not understand why I am unable to obtain my own one. That's all, and now I stop my search...
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 10:08:21 pm »

I red on the App Store that the game may be downloaded in various languages and I do not understand why I am unable to obtain my own one.

Yes, it should be available for download in those other languages, but the Mac App Store seems to be selling the English version even if you have set your region or country in the Mac App Store to Switzerland. Actually, even if the region or country is switched to France, it still seems that only the English version will be downloaded...here is a comment I noticed while looking at Machinarium in the France App Store:

"Pour autant, le descriptif sur l'App store indique que le jeu est en Francais. Pourtant la version telechargee n'est qu'en anglais."

English translation:
"However, the description on the App store indicates that the game is in French. Yet the downloaded version is in English."

I have no clue as to why that is the case, sorry.
So, aside from possibly obtaining a refund, I think you're out of luck with the Mac App Store, but there may be a site which sells a downloadable French copy of the game...I'm not sure, though.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:27:30 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: