Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:54:08 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: where are my savedd games - since os x mountain lion  (Read 13087 times)
Butu
little robot

BuTu

« on: November 13, 2012, 10:46:51 pm »

since the installation of os x mountain lion I can´t load saved games (machinarium). no ccleaner. please help!
the problem:

I can´t find the path to machinarium.sol.
we ´ve got the Problem with Macbook AIr, OSX10.8.2 und our iMac, same Version of osX. we can play the game and save the different steps. if we begin the game one more time, there are no loads to see, just the possibility for a new start of the game. before installing mountain lion we didn´t had this kind of Problem, no bugs anyway. our mac had just the lion as software. so I think it´s a Problem of mountain lion.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 05:56:30 pm by Butu » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:22:53 am »

You can't load saved games, you say. Can you be more specific?

And you also asked where are your saved games. Can you find them using the file path below?
Code:
{YourHomeFolder}/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/{RandomSequenceOfLettersAndNumbers}/localhost/
{PathToYourMachinariumInstallDirectory}/Machinarium.app/Machinarium.sol
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 10:22:24 pm »

First of all, I don't have Mountain Lion....I'm still running Snow Leopard. Hope I can still help you troubleshoot this.
Machinarium has a built-in Flash Player (10), and I'm thinking that *maybe* it is in some way not fully compatible with Mountain Lion??? So one thing you could try is to download Adobe's standalone Flash Player projector from this page:
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
Once it's downloaded, you'll have to perform a couple of additional steps:
1. Open the folder which contains Machinarium and Control-click on the Machinarium application.
2. Select Show Package Contents and then open Contents/Resources.
3. Locate the movie.swf file and move (or copy it) so that it sits right alongside the application for Machinarium.
4. Control-click on the movie.swf file and choose Open With, and from the list find Flash Player 11.5.

I'd be interested to see if that allows you to save the game.

Edit #1: Also, if you're using Safari as your browser, perhaps it's deleting your .sol files. Perhaps there is some change in Safari 6's preferences which is messing with your cookies; something checked or unchecked that was changed by default when you'd installed Mountain Lion. Check the Privacy tab of Safari Preferences. Is it set to block cookies?

Edit #2: Another thing...if you launch the Machinarium application and then click anywhere on the screen while pressing the Control key, you'll see a little menu pop up. Click on "Settings." Select the tab along the bottom which shows an icon of a Manila folder with a green arrow. Is the little slider set to 1 MB or more?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 06:52:52 am by Lamkin » Logged
Butu
little robot

BuTu

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 04:11:36 pm »

Hi Lamkin,

it´s great! I couldn´t choose flash 11.5 by control-click, but after installing new flash player once again, i can save and later on load the saved games playing on my iMac. Later: our Macbook: here has been the Problem, that at first i had to install the new flash player, at second: I have been in the settings of the flash-playe of a Manila folder with a green arrow (edit 2#)and gave 1 MB to it. now it runs like i wish.
Thank you! You have been a great help for me.

greetins!
Butu
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: