Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:52:56 am

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Questionaut  (Read 132146 times)
jd
Administrator
black cap brotherhood member

« on: March 14, 2008, 06:30:05 pm »

we just finished another flash game called Questionaut.
it was created for BBC and it's meant for 11 years old kids.

here is the direct link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/games/questionaut/pop.shtml

BBC Bitesize:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/games/questionaut/index.shtml

we needed some money for our main project Machinarium...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 03:52:19 pm by jd » Logged
dg10050
Global Moderator
captain robot

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 07:43:45 pm »

Well, I'm a bit older than 11 years old, but that game was still awesome. The music and artwork was great. Glad to see that you guys will put a ton of effort even into something as simple as a child's game.  Smiley
Nurykabe
Global Moderator
citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 11:33:06 pm »

Brilliant, you guys often use the same graphic and sound charter, it's really delightful.
Neonlare
little rusty robot

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 10:51:14 pm »

Ahoyhoy, I just joined this forum after playing this game. I've played the previous Samarost games before, but I didn't know that there was a website for the designers behind it. Then today on Kotaku.com, I stumbled upon the article about Questionaut and despite myself not being 11 (being 16 D:) I went ahead and played the game, and found the website from that. I absolutely love the artistic style present in these pieces, and looking at the character graphics, their clean, simple radial presentations add to their charm, along with the elaborately imaginative landscapes present in the game Smiley.
dg10050
Global Moderator
captain robot

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 11:54:31 am »

Just thought I's link to the Kotaku article: http://kotaku.com/368406/juvenile-timewaster-of-the-day-questionaut
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 04:19:33 am »

we just finished another flash game called Questionaut.
we needed some money for our main project Machinarium...

"Questionaut" was delight-full!

...and what a humbling experience to realize just how much I've forgotten from my early years of schooling!   Tongue

You say you needed money for Machinarium, would you accept donations from your fans?  Perhaps we could use PayPal?

Throughout "civilized" time artists have been fed, clothed, and financed by those who loved their work the most.  Please give it some thought.

Smiley
salty-horse
little rusty robot

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 01:41:51 pm »

Great game!

Small bug? In level 5, the first thing I did is pick up a match and now I can't drop it Sad

Oh, I had to use it on the side of the matchbox Smiley
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 02:01:31 pm by salty-horse » Logged
Katja
little robot

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 10:24:09 pm »

Hi!

I'm stuck on level 6 (4 coloured transmitters) for some time now. Any hints?
ABoretz
god of all robots

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 07:05:11 pm »

I'm stuck on level 6 (4 coloured transmitters) for some time now. Any hints?

Have you noticed that you can change the colors in those squares embedded in the base of the scientist's ray gun?

Now count how many colored beams are pulsing into each of the four antennae that power his apparatus.

Wink
Katja
little robot

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 10:37:28 pm »

Thanks! I finally did it.

I'm ashamed to admit I'm 26 years old Shocked, not 11. Nevertheless, it's a delightful game at any age.

suztours
little rusty robot

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 06:56:13 pm »

Okay - I'm way older than 11 and did great with levels 1 & 2... but strangely enough, I'm stuck on level 3... deductive reasoning has not worked!  Neither has clicking on everything on the page.

Nu?  So?  What gives?
Katja
little robot

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 08:12:11 pm »

Is that the one with the tree? If so, try the cat's tail and then the other animals also.
Or if it's the next one (looks pretty empty with a lot of holes on the surface), go over the right side branches with your mouse (no clicking needed) - but you have to be careful to make sure they've all popped out.

Hope it helps!
sqwerty
little rusty robot

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 03:20:36 am »

I just had to say that my 5th graders absolutely LOVE Questionaut (and so do I). The graphics are amazingly beautiful, Floex's music is perfect and the questions are well written. We played the game for review for upcoming state tests. They all went home this Friday not dreading the test, but wanting to play more Questionaut over the weekend. (And even though we are in the states the questions are relevant to what they've learned this year!)

My class also decided that they love the music so much that I put the game on just so they can have the background music during writing. You need to get with Floex and release the soundtrack, I know we're not the only ones loving it. Also, I'd love to see some Questionaut T-shirts in the shop!

Keep up the amazing work Cheesy
retro_10s
citizen robot

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 01:03:54 pm »

Another lovely little game there Guys, well done  Grin Wink
Heimdall
little rusty robot

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 01:30:31 am »

Being an English major, I'm amazed how easily I failed the literature test OTZ... and somehow managed to breeze through math and chemistry, my most hated subjects. Fortunately I did oky on grammar, since my Modern English Grammar exam is on, well, Friday.

Love the music. You must have the soundtracks released! And I feel like every scenery design is worth a fantasy novel! Thank you for the game!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: