Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:11:01 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Machinarium almost unplayable on Nexus 10 (image too small) [RESOLVED]  (Read 13823 times)
andream
little robot

« on: May 16, 2013, 08:57:08 am »

I am very confused: how come people here complain about the speed of machinarium on the Nexus 10, but nobody complains about having just a small image in the center of the screen? That is all I get, and the game is almost unplayable on such a small image (ok, maybe if my eye sight would have been better...)
Thank you, any help in fixing the size of my image will be very appreciated.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 08:56:36 pm by Alex » Logged
andream
little robot

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 03:51:24 am »

Well, the day after I managed to force Google Play to let me install Machinarium on my Nexus 10 and asking why nobody complained that the image was too small, Amanita issues an update for the Nexus 10!!! Luckily for me, Google Play installed it and... everything works perfectly now.

Only questions: Why in the world did nobody at Amanita (Alex?) say anything about the fact that the Nexus 10 version was under way??? I am sure some "pointy haired boss" (those who follow Dilbert will understand me) must have issued the policy that there will be no mention of future releases...

Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 08:55:50 pm »

Quote from: andream
Only questions: Why in the world did nobody at Amanita (Alex?) say anything about the fact that the Nexus 10 version was under way??? I am sure some "pointy haired boss" (those who follow Dilbert will understand me) must have issued the policy that there will be no mention of future releases...

I'm glad to read of the successful resolution of your problem.  (get it? "resolution"?  nyuck nyuck ;~)    It was a lucky coincidence that the update you needed happened so soon after your original request.  (source: "What's New" tab)  But, for the record, none of the moderators here are on Amanita's staff ~ including me.  So none of us knew of any Android update under way. 

Oh, and there is no "pointy haired boss" issuing policies... Not even one with a beard and glasses.  Wink

andream
little robot

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 04:35:19 am »

Interesting. I would have guessed that it was in Amanita's own interest to provide the moderators at least with some insider's information: after all, if they provide a spot for the forum on their web site they must think it is a good thing to have...

Oh, and there is no "pointy haired boss" issuing policies... Not even one with a beard and glasses. 
Hmmm, I respectfully suggest that the Law of Dilbert prevents such a company to exist in our Universe. But of course, Parallel Universes are a different thing, so, who knows  Grin  Grin  Grin
silenz
little rusty robot

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 03:48:38 am »

I have a neus 10 and the hothead games version, and its not updated. Whats going on?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 08:44:15 am »

Quote from: silenz
I have a neus 10 and the hothead games version, and its not updated. Whats going on?

I'm seeing that the current Android version of Machinarium is at 1.6.13 and that it was updated June 6, 2013.  Then under the "What's New" tab I'm seeing:

06/06/2013 - 17/05/2013 - Small bug fixing, added support for Nexus 10 and other high resolution devices.
01/03/2013 - Newly published directly by Amanita Design. Now works also on Nexus 7.
***If you bought Machinarium before March 1st 2013 and want to re-download it now, please find it in your purchased apps history list - the old app is still available for you. We are sorry, we had to republish the game to get it under our control (the old version was published by Hothead Games).***

I'm personally not into Androids, but it looks to me like you need to download the latest version, silenz.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: