Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:05:26 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black screen on startup, steam version with patch  (Read 8887 times)
Lilani
little rusty robot

« on: August 24, 2013, 06:45:45 am »

So I first came here because I was in the crane room with the mine cart, just after the mine cart through the door puzzle at the beginning. Whenever the crane swung around the second time, the arrow would appear but I wouldn't be able to jump off onto the platform on the left to use the key thing. After nearly throwing my keyboard through the screen in frustration, I decided it couldn't be my fault. Surely enough, it was a common bug, and I heard about these wonderful patches you give away (why the patches haven't been applied to the game you download from the mac store is a mystery to me, though granted I did download it a few weeks ago so I suppose the patch could have happened after that).

So I put the patch in the folder, and now the game just loads up to a black screen. Please help me, I'm beginning to feel like this was a waste of money. It's a fun and different, and I want to see you all do awesomely, but I've never been so frustrated with a game in my life.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 07:58:22 am »

Hey Lilani,
Hmm...I'm not sure what happened when you installed the patch. However, it's highly doubtful that any patch was necessary, as both patch 01 and 02 were only for copies of the game released before November of 2009, and Machinarium wasn't on the Mac App Store until March of 2011.
Could you try deleting the game and then reinstalling it?

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:05:24 am by Lamkin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: