Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:35:41 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Botanicula + Machinarium bonus game - How do i get it [SOLVED]  (Read 19318 times)
Lizzy_Lou11
little robot

« on: June 18, 2013, 02:51:28 am »

I purchased Botanicula and it tells me it comes with Machinarium but i cant would out how to get it.

Can someone help me?

There is only one game on the CD
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:38:39 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 08:47:59 am »

Quote from: Lizzy_Lou11
I purchased Botanicula and it tells me it comes with Machinarium...
There is only one game on the CD

Where did you purchase?

Lizzy_Lou11
little robot

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 04:06:57 pm »

In store, EB Games.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 07:54:44 pm »

Q: Where did you purchase?
A: In store, EB Games.

Thanks, I now see on the EB Games page: https://ebgames.com.au/pc-157665-Botanicula-PC that, yep, it plainly states that the disc "Includes Bonus Game Machinarium".

As far as I know, the only hard copy (DVD) releases of Botanicula are done by Deadalic and another company called Merge Games (via Amazon.com) neither of whom promise to bundle Machinarium along with Botanicula...  (Update: my latest info is that the Australian release of Botanicula is *supposed* to also contain Machinarium)

I suggest you contact EB Games to explain your situation. (they'll probably send you a replacement disc)  Then please write to let us know how things turn out.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:45:12 am by Alex » Logged
Lizzy_Lou11
little robot

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 02:49:32 am »

I have already spoken to EB Games and they said I had to talk to the company itself and sent me to this forum.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 07:34:29 am »

I have already spoken to EB Games and they said I had to talk to the company itself and sent me to this forum.

I'm sorry, Lizzy_Lou11, but whoever sent you here obviously didn't know anything about this forum and was probably just passing the buck to get you out of their hair.

This forum is maintained by fans of Amanita Design.  We can answer most common questions, but your case is beyond our knowledge.  So I've written to someone at Amanita and explained the situation.  I'll post a follow up as soon as I get a reply.
~Alex

Update: P.S. the more I think about your situation the more convinced I am that you need to send another email to EB Games and ask for a replacement disc.  It seems obvious that the Botanicula disc they sent you was defective (otherwise the comments page here would be FULL of complaints just like yours)  

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 09:04:30 pm by Alex » Logged
Bec
little rusty robot

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 04:44:47 pm »

I had the same problem with my Special Edition disc on my PC. I also bought the game from EB games in Australia.

To play Machinarium I did the following (please excuse the non-technical language  Smiley ):

1. Insert the disc
2. Go to Windows Explorer and right click and select Open on your disc drive
3. There should be a file there called "Machinarium_PC"
4. Copy and paste that on to your desktop
5. Double click on the icon on the desktop
6. The install ran and it created a proper icon on the desktop that I could click on to open the game

For some reason clicking on the icon in my disc drive didn't work.

Hope this helps!

Lizzy_Lou11
little robot

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 12:41:00 pm »

I had the same problem with my Special Edition disc on my PC. I also bought the game from EB games in Australia.

To play Machinarium I did the following (please excuse the non-technical language  Smiley ):

1. Insert the disc
2. Go to Windows Explorer and right click and select Open on your disc drive
3. There should be a file there called "Machinarium_PC"
4. Copy and paste that on to your desktop
5. Double click on the icon on the desktop
6. The install ran and it created a proper icon on the desktop that I could click on to open the game

For some reason clicking on the icon in my disc drive didn't work.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much. It work Smiley You are the best Bec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: