Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:05:42 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Furnace problem  (Read 10875 times)
thelemur
little robot

« on: July 28, 2013, 05:56:44 pm »

The attached image shows the step I can't complete.

My character is lifted by the crane but I cannot jump over to the left. There are no clickable areas. Using the metal piece from the door doesn't do anything.

I've beaten this level on the PC but cannot proceed with the PS3 version.

Any ideas?
thelemur
little robot

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 08:18:15 pm »

I just realized you have to create an account to reply. If you don't want to create an account but think you might have a solution for me, please email: dj@thelemur.com
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 11:42:21 pm by thelemur » Logged
thelemur
little robot

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 08:02:33 pm »

Looks like I'm not the only one.

@thelemur, I took the liberty of embedding your image as we have limited storage capacity for attachments ~Alex

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 08:16:38 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 08:27:58 pm »

Start by counting three panels to the left of the walkthrough image you highlighted and take note of the positioning of the three levers (down, up, down).

Then start the mechanism but DON'T walk to the coal cart yet.  First just watch the clamp go through it's cycle.  If I remember correctly it's down, up, down, spin to the right, open over the furnace hatch, then back to where it started.

Edit: looks like I didn't remember correctly at all!   Tongue   The cycle is: spin to the right, open over furnace, THEN drop down for a pick up, then spin to the right again.

Note that moment when the clamp begins to spin to the right.  See how centrifugal force causes the clamp to "lean" toward the platform?  THAT is the moment when you "jump".

One more thought (while I'm in edit mode here) even though the walkthrough image two panels to the left of the image you highlighted shows Josef running to the coal cart don't be fooled by that.  Josef NEVER runs in this game (he can not).  So don't fret about having enough time to get to the coal cart after you've started the mechanism.  Just shrink back to normal size and walk over there.   Wink

P.S. I've removed your duplicate post in the General Puzzle Q&A forum as your difficulty is specific to the Playstation version of the game.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 05:40:05 pm by Alex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: