Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:59:38 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help bug in machinarium every few minutes the mouse is gone :  (Read 13464 times)
Chocolade
little robot

« on: October 19, 2009, 09:28:17 am »

Hi,

Bought the game via gamersgate.com

Everything went great untill sometimes each 5-10 minutes the mouse cursor is gone then i have to make alt+tab to go to windows when i back to the game the mouse is gone or if i move it around i can see him in some spots only .

What i must do is to reastart the game load it again . Then i load my saved game but then after few minutes same problem .

I have : Windows vista 64bit ultimate .

Cpu : duo 2 core E6850 3.00GHZ 3000MHZ .

4 GB ram

Nvidia geforce 8800gtx 768mb

Thanks for the help .

Mr. Incredible
little robot

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 02:10:40 pm »

Try to disable the hardware acceleration of Adobe Flash.
To do this right-click ingame -> Preferences
Chocolade
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 02:41:43 pm »

Didnt help .

I hope the ppl who made the game will make a patch soon !
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 02:57:29 pm »

Didnt help .

I hope the ppl who made the game will make a patch soon !

To do just that they will first need to know what is actually causing the problem! You should investigate a bit and see if another Program may be the source of the trouble...
HopefullyNotAWastOf20Bukz
little robot

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 10:44:12 pm »

I'm having the exact same problem.  After about 5-10 minutes of playing the game the animations become extremely choppy and the cursor randomly disappears and reappears making the game completely unplayable.  A shame really, looks like a cool game.  I tried the suggestion above in relation to disabling hardware acceleration but to no avail.
HopefullyNotAWastOf20Bukz
little robot

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 09:33:34 pm »

For anyone else plagued with the same problem... disabling full-screen mode seems to have resolved the issue.  I was able to play the game for several hours straight without running into this bug.  Not the best solution, but at least it's playable now.

On a side note:  it's a pretty cool game... graphically - nothing short of incredible.  The music is without a doubt some of the best that I've ever heard in a game.  The only thing that bothers me is that it's difficult to tell which items the character can interact with vs. normal background images.  Another person referred to this as pixel-hunting and I'd say that's a pretty accurate description - it's time consuming, tedious and detracts from the overall game experience.  I spent ~30 min on the screen with the mining car before realizing that the could-have-been-slightly-more-apparent control panel on the ground was an object that I could interact with after shrinking the character. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: