Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:00:26 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Great stuck in the darkness (iPad)  (Read 16065 times)
Mad_Electron
little rusty robot

« on: May 02, 2014, 10:37:17 am »

Stuck almost in the end, in a dark place, where you can choose directions. I have been everywhere except the bottom, but when I collect all light balls and appear in this dark place, I cannot go anywhere! I tap every dot of the screen, but nothing happens Sad
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 07:45:17 pm »

There must be a direction you've forgotten. Should be five light spheres to collect, I believe (though yeah, I realize the game doesn't keep keep track of how many you've collected). Have you tried going up?
Martra
little rusty robot

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 01:57:35 am »

I have an ipad2 and got a few energy spheres, but now when I tap in the dark there are no arrows and I can't go anywhere. I just keep getting bit by those tadpole leeches, or whatever they are. I was able to go down and to the sides when the arrows appeared, but after exiting the app and coming back, I can't do anything but sit there. I want to finish the game, but can't go anywhere. Please help.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 05:03:21 am »

Hmm...I tried this out for myself—I collected all five spheres, returned to the dark area where you first come in, closed the app, then launched the game again and I couldn't move. Actually, even collecting one sphere, or two or three, etc., then returning to the beginning dark area and then closing the app will cause this to happen. I'll let the developers know that this is an issue.
[Edit: Got an e-mail response from Amanita today—May 7th—saying that they are going to release a fix for this issue very soon.]

In the meantime, the only thing you can do is to start that part over again from a save. If you're unsure how to do this: Tap on the star in the upper left-hand corner, then tap on the little nest icon with the arrow:

Choose the farthest right screen from the ones at the bottom there—Part 9. Tap the middle of the screen and then tap the checkmark to load the save. Just make sure not to close the app if you're in that dark area.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 05:27:55 am by Lamkin » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 05:32:29 am »

Also...if it's helpful to people...here are the 5 locations:

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 05:16:32 am by Lamkin » Logged
Renate
little rusty robot

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 05:38:01 pm »

I tried a few different things after getting stuck on level 9 with no options to go anywhere. After restarting that level, if I go to the cards display and close the app on that screen, I've been able to go back to the dark and continue where I left off. Not the best solution, but a good workaround.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 01:44:39 am »

Botanicula for iPad has been updated today to v1.0.3., and this issue has been fixed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: