Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:18:38 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: After closing I have to start from Level 1 [SOLVED]  (Read 14295 times)
Iatros
little rusty robot

« on: May 03, 2014, 02:41:24 pm »

I installes it yesterday on the iPad3, iOS 7.1

First time I played to Level 3, closed the app and later I had to start again. The same procedure today. I played yesterdau to level 5, today I have to start again. If I press the star button there is a choice of the icons on the right upper side. With the first button of these I can chose the level. If I played some, I can choose it, if I start again everything is away.

Perhaps anybody may help ?

Ernst
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:28:54 pm by Alex » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 03:31:11 pm »

The first thing I would suggest is that you delete the game, then redownload it and reinstall it...to see if that might solve the issue.

If the saving issue still happens after that, I would recommend contacting the developers to let them know about the issue. You can use the form at the bottom of this page:
http://amanita-design.net/about.html

Note, the contact form is now here: http://amanita-design.net/contact.html

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 07:41:51 pm by Alex » Logged
Performer
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 04:02:34 pm »

Hi,
Even though this is a two year old thread, I'm posting in it since I've got the exact same issue.
I'm playing on an iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.3.5. If I close the app, all progress is lost and I have to start from the very beginning. When tapping on the star in the top left corner, only the first part is possible to chose, the others are numbers. I have removed the game and downloaded it again, to no awail. Still the same problem. I have also tested it on an iPad Air (1) with iOS 7 - same problem.
It really is a great game, so it's a pity. Fortunately the game is not longer than you can finish it in one go, if you have a few hours interrupted time, but still. First time I noticed it I was at the end of part 7 when I left the game unatended for an hour or so, and when I wanted to playagain, it restarted and then I had lost all progress. After that I did several tests, where I played for two or three parts and then closed the app and opened it. Same result each time, all progress lost had to start from the very beginning.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 09:26:47 am »

I'm playing on an iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.3.5. If I close the app, all progress is lost and I have to start from the very beginning. When tapping on the star in the top left corner, only the first part is possible to chose, the others are numbers.

I have removed the game and downloaded it again, to no awail. Still the same problem.

Don't know what to tell you, Performer.

There are 135 positive ratings showing on the App Store for Botanicula on the iPad but no mention of the problem that you and "Iatros" have written about here on the forum.

Unfortunately we never heard back from "latros" so we don't know if their problem was ever solved.

You are welcome to follow the same path that Lamkin suggested and write to Amanita Design support @ http://amanita-design.net/contact.html
making certain that you also mention any other apps you may be running concurrently with Botanicula, whether your iPads are jailbroken, and anything else that might distinguish your devices from the standard store-bought variety of iPads out there.

Good luck.

Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 02:27:20 pm »

Hmm... It just occurred to me how similar this issue is to one on the iOS Samorost 3 board. So, it's possible that the cause of this is from having too little storage space left on your device; create more space (e.g., by deleting some apps) and see if this fixes the issue.
Performer
little robot

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 06:36:47 pm »

Thanks, Alex and Lamkin, for the reply and the suggestion.
You are probably right, Lamkin. I checked and was actually low on memory, less than a Gb.
I tried it out on my iPad Mini 2, with 3,6 Gb after downloading Botanicula, and the saving did work on that.
(I did have some other issues, the filmclips not showing and the sound disappearing when getting to a new part. However that might be related to having iOS 8 on that unit.)
So it seems that the saving issues is indeed related to too little storage space.
I will update my review and add the last star  :-)

Thanks again and keep up the good work
You're making excellent games and I'm looking forward to trying out Samorost.

Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 07:28:37 pm »

Thanks for posting a follow up, Performer!

Successfully concluded topics like yours benefit other players that visit the forum with similar issues.

Hope you have fun playing through the rest of Botanicula and will eventually get to enjoy Samorost3.   Smiley

~Alex

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: