Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:59:27 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 8 version "upside down" in tent mode  (Read 15685 times)
mooo
little robot

« on: October 05, 2014, 01:20:18 pm »

Hi,

I love Machinarium and wanted to play it "again" on my new Windows 8 Lenovo Yoga PC. I have the PC set in "tent mode" which means the display are in front and the keyboard on the back of the PC and thereby the screen being "upside down". This is not the same mode as a regular "rotated view", and for the lucky ones this game are built for touch play so it is a feature it definetly should support.

All apps on my Windows 8.1 support this mode, but Machinarium are viewed "upside down" when started. I had another app earlier with the same problem but that has been fixed.

It is a VERY simple fix to publish the app with support for tent mode as with other "modes" so PLEASE just make a small version upgrade and post it again to Windows 8 App Store (where I purchased the game). I am also going to purchase your other games so great if also these could support tent mode users.. It is a small setting I am not allowed to fix myself (Apps from appstore are in a locked partition on the c: drive).

Could you devs therefor be so kind to do the same as this game developer did:

Re: Some Windows 8 apps upside down in "tent mode" on Yoga 13
Options
‎12-31-2012 09:51 PM

According to the Air Soccer Fever developer, per some YouTube comments left, there are FIVE orientations you have to check off when you submit an app to the Windows Store (landscape, flipped landscape, portrait, flipped portrait and snapped). So even if your app is developed to work in all of them, if you forget to check them all off in the Windows Store submission process, they won't work.

That developer of Air Soccer Fever has issued an update that enables the additional orientations, so that one works GREAT now.

So to me, it sounds like this is a development and/or Windows Store submission process issue more than it is a hardware or driver issue for specific machines.

Text copied from this URL: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and/Some-Windows-8-apps-upside-down-in-quot-tent-mode-quot-on-Yoga/td-p/942295
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 02:28:29 pm by mooo » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 08:23:27 am »

Thanks for posting your observations, but we can not address your "tent-mode" issue on this forum.  For that level of tech you'll have to directly communicate with the support staff at Amanita Design.

You can either use the form you'll find in the About tab you see between the Games and Store tabs along the top of the screen you're currently viewing, or use the Machinarium support email link on the Windows store site.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:32:33 am by Alex » Logged
mooo
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 09:57:47 pm »

Thanks! Its done. Hope they can fix it soon. Love the game! :-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: