Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:46:49 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: /Machinarium: error while loading shared libraries: libpangocairo-1.0.so.0:  (Read 20819 times)
winterkewl
little robot

« on: October 23, 2009, 07:06:52 pm »

Hi All,

I just purchased/downloaded/extracted the game for Linux into this directory on my computer here at work.
/usr/home/kvale/myStuff/machinarium/Machinarium

when attempting to run the game using this command
./Machinarium

I get the following error
./Machinarium: error while loading shared libraries: libpangocairo-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any Idea what I can do to fix this problem?

bear in mind that this is a work computer so I don't have root access nor permissions to save files anywhere except /usr/home/kvale/

any help is much appreciated!
KaeThxBae.
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 07:13:54 pm »

What Linux are you using? What desktop manager? If you don't have root access you won't get far here. Looks like the "cairo" or "pango" or both packages are not installed and to do so root access is required.
winterkewl
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 07:17:38 pm »

That really stinks. How can i find the info  you're requesting? I believe we're using KDE (red hat) but I don't know how to tell for sure. . .Is there maybe a command I can run that will spit out the pertinent info?
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 07:33:45 pm »

Try
Code:
cat /etc/*release
For distro info.

Code:
uname -a
For arch info.

Right-click on a panel (possibly also on desktop) and select "About" to get the desktop manager. Though I would like to know a command or a trick to show the dm used.
winterkewl
little robot

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 07:43:23 pm »

cat /etc/*release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 4 (Nahant Update Cool

uname -a
Linux bluebear 2.6.9-89.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Apr 20 10:33:05 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Right clicking on a panel ( I assume panel = window ??)
Nautilus 2.8.1
Nautilus is a graphical shell for GNOME that makes it easy to manage your files and the rest of your system.

Does this info help?

I'm also downloading the windows version to see if I can get wine to run it.
winterkewl
little robot

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 07:50:24 pm »

using wine seems to work. . . so far at least. .

Thanks I want to say this game is an amazing creation and I appreciate all your help!
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 08:23:27 pm »

Wine installed on a business/work computer? Wouldn't have thought this possible.
sowa
little robot

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 05:19:42 pm »

You are using 64-bit linux, but Machinarium (Flash exactly) is avalaible for 32-bit. You can launch and play Machinarium in 32-bit mode using 32-bit libraries if you have them installed
Code:
linux32 Machinarium
Additionally all required libraries are to be provided by you system. In ubuntu it is enough to
Code:
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
but I have not idea on equivalents to RedHat. You also mentioned you are not root, then probably wine is the best option for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: