Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:19:16 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arcade room - Josef pedalling like crazy but machine doesn't work [SOLVED]  (Read 54445 times)
JojoH
little robot

« on: December 29, 2014, 08:06:36 pm »

I've got to the Arcade room and Josef is sat on the pedal machine and his legs are going round like crazy but the machine doesn't charge and the games don't activate.
The pump thing on the top is going up and down and the wheel in the foreground is turning, but the needle doesn't move and it doesn't generate power.
I'm playing on Amazon Fire TV using a game controller (which worked just fine when he had to wind the clock earlier)

Am I missing something or is there a bug in the game?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 06:18:25 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 07:04:14 am »

Hi JojoH,

As it happens we recently had a question about "How to ride the bike in the arcade room" come up in the Machinarium Android board.  I have a feeling that the advice given about not "making too tight or too small of a circle when pedaling" but instead "making a wider circle" will do the trick for you.

You can read the complete topic here.

Please post a follow up to let us know if this advice helps you out.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:11:36 pm by Alex » Logged
JojoH
little robot

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 10:35:21 pm »

I read that post  but as I said, I'm using a game controller rather than a touchscreen or mouse so the circle is just what the joystick bit on the controller does - you can't really vary it (I have tried!)
I've also tried varying the speed, going slower or faster, but still doesn't make any difference.   Huh
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 07:45:54 am »

The Amazon FireTV apps page for Machinarium states: ** FireTV ** Please note that for optimal gameplay Amazon Game Controller (or other gamepad) is the preferred input method.

Are you using an Amazon Fire game controller or some other device?  I'm thinking maybe it's a hardware incompatibility issue...  Huh

JojoH
little robot

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 04:30:59 pm »

It's an 'other' game controller rather than the Amazon Fire one. 
It got me this far through the game without any issues though it does seem to struggle a bit with subtle movements.
Maybe I should have spent a bit more money and got the Amazon one! ;-)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 08:09:30 pm »

Well, even the Amazon Fire Controller has detractors... if this post I found is to be believed.  (btw, they solved their glitch by using an Xbox controller instead)

But given your situation the only suggestions I can make to you would be to reach out on the Official Amazon Fire Forum and ask if there are any known work-arounds that would allow you to continue using your current controller, or to directly write to the Amanita Design support staff via the "About" tab (top right of the page you're looking at).  Oh, and be sure you mention in your query which controller model you're having the pedaling problem with. 

Hope you find a fix and can get on with the game!

Wosi
little robot

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 05:21:06 pm »

I have the same issue here. The game seems to be not playable on an Amazon Fire TV. The pedals can't be moved quick enough in the arcade room. That's frustrating. I tried to use the remote, the Amazon game pad, a Bluetooth keyboard with a trackpad and a USB cable mouse. I tried to do bigger circles, smaller circles, doing them quick and slow but nothing works. Is there any kind of workaround?

I paid for this game and now I'm stuck due to a bug :-(
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 08:37:16 pm »

I have the same issue here. The game seems to be not playable on an Amazon Fire TV. The pedals can't be moved quick enough in the arcade room. That's frustrating. I tried to use the remote, the Amazon game pad, a Bluetooth keyboard with a trackpad and a USB cable mouse. I tried to do bigger circles, smaller circles, doing them quick and slow but nothing works. Is there any kind of workaround?

I paid for this game and now I'm stuck due to a bug :-(

Amazon Fire discussion shows 3 similar complaints but no solutions.

Sorry, Wosi, but I think you'll have to request a refund from Amazon.

Wosi
little robot

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 05:01:34 pm »

It seems this is the only option.
In terms of software development this is not just a bug but it's a blocker. IMHO Amanita should fix it or pull the app out of the store. Selling broken games is not the best attitude Sad
Wosi
little robot

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 05:10:36 pm »

I was informed about an easy workaround on this topic:
Fast, repeated pressing of the middle button of the Amazon Fire TV remote produces enough electricity. That's it.
Has it come with an update lately? Doesn't matter. Now I can finally finish the game Smiley
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 08:25:49 pm »

Thanks very much, Wosi, for posting a follow up with that solution!    Smiley

Chuck
little rusty robot

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 12:13:46 am »

I am also stuck in the Arcade peddling the bike with no result. I have tried all the suggestions posted with no positive result. I have Amazon Fire TV Software Fire OS 5.2.1.2 (562254320)and Machinarium software 2.0.21 and I am using a Amazon game controller.
SleepyUser
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 10:40:28 pm »

I am also stuck in the Arcade peddling the bike with no result. I have tried all the suggestions posted with no positive result. I have Amazon Fire TV Software Fire OS 5.2.1.2 (562254320)and Machinarium software 2.0.21 and I am using a Amazon game controller.

Did you try Wosi's method with a remote instead? Or do you only have the game controller?
Also including the versions of everything won't probably help here. In case it didn't
work for you, you should contact Amanita Design directly about the matter.

http://amanita-design.net/contact.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: