Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:04:41 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Screen height makes it impossible to continue the game  (Read 11634 times)
TrottoirManager
little robot

« on: May 09, 2015, 05:00:52 pm »

Recently I continued playing machinarium on my smartphone.
I figured out some puzzles but later I got stuck.
So I used youtube to help me. When I saw what the person did I knew that I couldn't continue the game.
Because I can't reach a certain point on my screen.

In the video the person uses a cabel to get a key out of a well. (0;57-1;06)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwvSH85pVXY&feature=youtu.be&t=56
I made a screenshot so you people can see I can't reach it. ( I tried several times, just hoping it would work - sadly it didn't)

The smartphone I have is: Sony Ericsson Xperia arc Lt15i
Runs on: 2.3.4
Displays : 480×854 pixels, 4.20 inches
other specs: http://mobilephonecost.blogspot.com/2012/02/sony-ericsson-xperia-arc-lt15i-specs.html
Sorry if there is already an topic about this.
I got the game from the humblebundle: amanita and friends so maybe that can be the problem.
I hope someone can help me with my problem or that the devs can fix the problem.

( sorry If my English is horrible )
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 05:04:06 pm by TrottoirManager » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 05:49:14 pm »

Well, a temporary solution for you is that you do not need that last wrench by the drain. A hint is that the Wrench Man will give you another wrench after you complete a couple of steps.

The solution is below:

Combine the part of the radio you picked up after putting the cat in the didgeridoo with the megaphone in your inventory; that makes a new radio, which you then plug into the wall by the Wrench Man. Then tap on him and he'll cough up another wrench after he unscrews the cap.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:16:43 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 09:09:35 pm »

Sorry to butt in...
   Lamkin's solution is spot on.  

But it looks like the "cable" you need to get the last wrench is already in your Inventory.  
You just need to grab it and "use" it.  If you can't then that would be a larger problem.   Undecided

TrottoirManager
little robot

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 09:49:02 pm »

Sorry to butt in...
   Lamkin's solution is spot on.  

But it looks like the "cable" you need to get the last wrench is already in your Inventory.  
You just need to grab it and "use" it.  If you can't then that would be a larger problem.   Undecided

sorry if my sentense didn't make that clear.
but as you can see in the picture that I have posted I can't see the ground.
So I can't use it.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 12:44:57 am »

Yeah, I figured he can't see the drain, so there's no way for him to use that tool or whatever to grab the wrench. That's why I was mentioning that there is another way to get a third wrench. I think the confusing part, Alex, was when he typed that he "can't reach it"...I think by "it" he meant the wrench, and maybe you thought he was referring to the tool? I dunno. :)

Trottoir, please look at the solution under my post above; that way you won't have to use that "cabel" or "cable" at all.
TrottoirManager
little robot

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 08:57:04 pm »

Thank you Lamkin for the advice.
I now continued the game, and made many progress.  Smiley
Sorry again if my english irritated you two.
This topic can be closed.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 10:06:25 pm »

Quote from: TrottoirManager
I now continued the game, and made many progress.

Yay!   Cheesy

Sorry again if my english irritated you two.

Your English was fine, TrottoirManager.  I rushed through reading your post and answered the wrong question.  Tongue    Sorry I interfered. ~A

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: