Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:50:01 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Install - Can't use 100% screen option  (Read 58873 times)
Traffic
little robot

« on: March 01, 2015, 03:28:22 am »

Running Windows 7 64bit (up to date)
Flash player 16.0.0.305 (up to date)

Have PC DVD-ROM Collectors Edition ODY015 - Game

After install found that the game screen only displayed in 80% screen mode. Each time I tried the 100% option it just restarts the current stage at 80% display only?!

Have checked the Windows font size which was already set at 100%.
Tried disabling Flash Hardware accelerator.
Tried disabling display scaling on high DPI settings.

I've also tried uninstalling & then re-installing several times, re-starting the computer & cleaning up with CCleaner. I even found another download copy selling cheap on Gamersgate so bought that for another attempt at a clean install, but no success.

(Installed the game fine from disc onto a Vista 32bit computer)

Also,- is there any way to turn off the visual prompts (walking white legs & too many pointing arrows) once you're into the game?, I'm sure on another version I played they weren't so common!

Hoping someone can help
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 04:24:48 am »

Quote from: Traffic
...is there any way to turn off the visual prompts (walking white legs & too many pointing arrows) once you're into the game?, I'm sure on another version I played they weren't so common!

AFAIK the "walking white legs" and "pointing arrows" come with the farm, Traffic.  No way to turn them off.

As for your 100% screen option problem, I think that's caused by the resolution at which your monitor is set.
"for 100% you need at least 1200x800 otherwise it's automatically switch back to 80%"  _source

Traffic
little robot

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 12:03:41 pm »

Thanks for the swift reply Alex.

I'm using a DELL Inspiron N5050 laptop & like in the link you provided I have the screen resolution set at 1366 x 768 which is the maximum (Recomended)?!,- I can't choose 1200 x 800?

Also last week I helped my son download a copy of Machinarium via the Windows Store on his HP laptop running Windiws 8.1. All running well. The resolution at 1366 x 768.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 09:10:10 pm »

AFAIK the "800" in the 1200x800 resolution setting is the essential requirement to view the game at 100%.

I can't guess why your son's laptop is showing 100% at 1366x768 resolution.

If anyone else can contribute an explanation, please post! 

Traffic
little robot

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 02:37:57 pm »

If anyone else can contribute an explanation, please post!

Yes, I'd be pleased to see another angle.
When I first installed the game on the problem computer I'm damn sure that on the first automatic startup of the game that it started in the full 100% screen.
Can confirm that the software downloaded from the windows store for my son is running at 100% on 1366 x 768.

Surely if there was an understood & simple problem concerning resolution prospective buyers would be more clearly warned in order to make a more informed choice & avoid any dissapointment?!
On the other hand, as many of the lower priced laptops (like mine & my sons) typically have a resolution of 1366 x 768 wouldn't there be many more queries about this problem flooding the forum?
Traffic
little robot

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 03:10:10 pm »

Interestingly I have now just installed Botanicula (which I also bought a DVD ROM of at the same time I bought the DVD ROM of Machinarium) onto the laptop with the problem Machinarium install.
On the back of the Botanicula box is the exact same information on resolution requirements as Machinarium - 1024 x 768 screen resolution (1280 x 800 recommended) - & yet Botanicula works at 100% screen, no problems?

As I've now invested in three copies of Machinarium & a copy of Botanicula so concerned I am that team Amanita can afford knedlíky & guláš, . . . & maybe a bottle of pivo at the weekend . . . . . . ?!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: