Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:48:05 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Black Screen! [SOLVED]  (Read 15845 times)
RobotJosefo
captain robot

Instagram: @urbe.x

« on: March 15, 2015, 09:06:21 am »

Hello! I have just downloaded OS X Yosemite, the latest version, on a late 2012 iMac. I have taken the app (Machinarium)
 and moved it to the desktop, then opened it. It then goes full screen, but sits there with a black screen. I have the folders that came with the game as well. This seems to have happened to lots of other people, so I'd love an answer for me and also them! Thanks guys.

P.S: I have opened Botanicula on Yosemite and it works just fine. Might be the age of Machinarium, not made for later OS's  Undecided
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:45:45 pm by Alex » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 01:16:36 pm »

I have taken the app (Machinarium) and moved it to the desktop, then opened it. It then goes full screen, but sits there with a black screen. I have the folders that came with the game as well.

The Machinarium application must remain in the main Machinarium folder along with the other subfolders '00', '01', '10', and '11'. Otherwise you will get a black screen.
If you want to have an icon of the game on your desktop that you can double-click to run it, my suggestion would be to make an alias of the Machinarium app and move that to the desktop.
RobotJosefo
captain robot

Instagram: @urbe.x

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 05:39:37 am »

Success! I thought moving the app to the desktop might help, as I read in another thread. But I must of opened it in the application section on Finder. Thanks Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: