Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:37:34 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Space invaders is killing me, keep accidentally tapping out of the game  (Read 22209 times)
SpaceUnvader
little robot

« on: January 03, 2015, 04:19:29 am »

Is there any way to work around the space invaders game? Or to increase the size of the game controls?  I've played it at least 10 times (probably more) and while I'm not the best at it, I'm also not terrible. The problem is that I keep accidentally tapping just that much too far away from the impossibly small controls and it walks me away from the game.
I'm on HTC One (M7)... Please Help!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 04:37:03 am »

The only advice I can think to give you is to use a Stylus.
They cost about $1.50 on eBAY.

SpaceUnvader
little robot

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 04:46:45 am »

I'll try anything - thanks!
SpaceUnvader
little robot

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 07:10:25 am »

No such luck. I've tried every stylus in my house and they either don't work (my screen doesn't respond) or the response is too slow.

More suggestions please. I was just  up to 920 points and it dumped me again!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 08:08:20 am »

Too bad the stylus_es didn't work out on your device.

You'll just have to use the tried and true method of taking out most of the descending 'invaders' but leaving just a few of the top-most ones alive so that you can repeatedly hit the "mother ships" that pass overhead until you're forced to finally take out the last straggler invaders.  

As you know, the 'mother ships' are worth more points than the little buggers so you just might be able to get enough points to take you over 1000 if you concentrate on them.

Good luck!
SpaceUnvader
little robot

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 06:10:26 pm »

Thanks for the tips, Alex. I did know the motherships are worth more but I didn't know about leaving the top guys :-D
SpaceUnvader
little robot

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 06:25:41 pm »

I really don't understand how anyone can achieve this with those horribly designed buttons. I have average sized female hands so I can't imagine how larger fingers can keep from exiting. It's truly maddening!
 Angry
SleepyUser
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 12:24:11 am »

I really don't understand how anyone can achieve this with those horribly designed buttons. I have average sized female hands so I can't imagine how larger fingers can keep from exiting. It's truly maddening!
 Angry

Too bad that we aren't able to share save files on the android verison.  Roll Eyes
Amanita Design should think about that. Would definitely help out here.
Anyways, arr you still stuck? The only thing you can do is to keep trying, I guess.
SpaceUnvader
little robot

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 08:25:12 pm »

Still stuck. I even let my gamer nephew with quicker reflexes and smaller hands try and he gave up after 10 minutes. If it would at least let me rotate or zoom to increase the size of the controls...

...and as far as I can tell I can't open and play the game on other non-Android devices like my chromebook (a google oversight, not Amanita's).

Maybe all the other Android players are using devices with giant screens or tablets but I have a hard time believing I'm the only one with this problem.

It's sad because I was really enjoying this game but I'm probably just going to have to uninstall  Cry
SleepyUser
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 10:11:36 pm »

Still stuck. I even let my gamer nephew with quicker reflexes and smaller hands try and he gave up after 10 minutes. If it would at least let me rotate or zoom to increase the size of the controls...

...and as far as I can tell I can't open and play the game on other non-Android devices like my chromebook (a google oversight, not Amanita's).

Maybe all the other Android players are using devices with giant screens or tablets but I have a hard time believing I'm the only one with this problem.

It's sad because I was really enjoying this game but I'm probably just going to have to uninstall  Cry

Well, I'm terribly sorry to hear that. I played it on a tablet (I could see everything perfectly) but I still was able to zoom in and out. Machinarium supports external controls too, I think. If you own some sort of wireless keyboard or gamepad then try it out. If it won't work then I'm afraid I can't help you.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 06:45:49 am »

Quote from: SpaceUnvader
Still stuck.... If it would at least let me rotate or zoom to increase the size of the controls...

Wait a minute... am I missing something??  What happened to the "Pinch-to-zoom (small screen friendly)" feature of version 2?

What version are you playing?  Huh

kindle 63
little robot

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 08:42:56 pm »

Seems like since the tablet version users of the game are having trouble getting past the space invaders it would be helpful to update the code for an alternate game or work around. I am unable to complete this challenge on my Kindle Fire and therefore will not be able to recommend this version of the game.  Angry
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 09:01:32 pm »

Quote from: kindle 63
I am unable to complete this challenge on my Kindle Fire...

Did you try the advice I gave about focusing on the "motherships"?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: