Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:12:36 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Amanita Design isn't working on Machinarium 2 (yet)  (Read 41810 times)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« on: May 17, 2015, 06:32:11 pm »

I thought everyone interested in Machinarium 2 might also be interested in reading a candid comment posted by Amanita Design on their Facebook page on May 15, 2015:

Κλέαρχος Πήττας  I think, many people ask to make a new version of Machinarium! Why you don't???

Amanita Design  because we create what we want to and not what others want:) we need to be passionate about the project, otherwise it wouldn't work that well. we are not doing it for money but mostly for our pleasure. even though it's a hard work and thousands of hours sitting by the computer.

SleepyUser
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 02:01:22 pm »

I know I know, this post probably doesn't need replies, but I wanna comment on this. Roll Eyes Cheesy

I don't get how can so much people still say, create machinarium 2!! when is -II- going to appear
etc. Like they didn't have the lil time to check out who Amanita Design actually is, and that Machinarium
isn't the only game made by them, they have also other projects, and still, they aren't
that big to release everythig fast and quickly, not to mentoin, they can work only on one
big thing at a same time.

I personaly like it how long it's taking for their games to appear,
there is at least something to look forward to, and through the long
time they sure gather a load of inspiration and good ideas for everything,
so once it's here, you won't regret the waiting.
lolibot
citizen robot

A fan from Germany

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 07:52:14 pm »

I think they´ll start doing a new game this year, because Samorost 3 is out now. I don´t even think it has to be a "Machinarium 2", because i liked all Amanita Games and I just wait for another interesting piece of Entertainment. I know it´s hard work, but I think nearly every Amanita Fan will be happy with what we "get" next Smiley
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 07:54:21 pm by lolibot » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 06:58:31 pm »

A new comment left by Amanita Design (8 Jul 2016 on Twitter) pushes Machinarium 2 further off...

DJ of Courage: so are you guys planning to make Machinarium 2 ?

Amanita Design: no, or at least not yet. maybe in the future, maybe never

qwaffles
captain robot

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 01:28:38 pm »

so @Alex, the will be machinarium 2?
because in the thread "Machinarium 2 [expressions of enthusiasm]"
you wrote something about info directly from JD that first is samorost 3 and then machinarium 2.
samorost 3 is out, so what's about machinarium 2 ?!?!?!?!?!? Huh Huh Huh
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 07:41:22 pm »

so @Alex, the will be machinarium 2?
because in the thread "Machinarium 2 [expressions of enthusiasm]"
you wrote something about info directly from JD that first is samorost 3 and then machinarium 2.
samorost 3 is out, so what's about machinarium 2 ?!?!?!?!?!? Huh Huh Huh

Thank you!  I'm glad you asked about the comment I added to @mach1nar1um_king's post.  I put that in back in early 2015 and unfortunately I didn't site the source for the statement I attributed to JD so I can't go back to re-check what Jakub actually said.   Undecided

But in any case, here's the way you saw my comment:

Info directly from JD:
FIRST comes Samorost 3 and
THEN Machinarium 2!( unless it doesn't )

But what you didn't see was that the ellipsis (the " ... ") at the end of the sentence THEN Machinarium 2! was actually a short sentence reduced to a 1pt font size.  (I used to be a fan of putting Easter eggs in my posts)   Roll Eyes

If you zoom in on the ellipsis you see that it actually said  "( unless it doesn't )"

So the statement should read (and I've now re-edited it to clarify)

Info directly from JD:
FIRST comes Samorost 3 and
THEN Machinarium 2! ( unless it doesn't )

Sorry for having confused you (and anyone else out there).  The most recent comment that Jakub has publicly made about whether there will or won't be a Machinarium 2 is the one i posted earlier in this thread  

~Alex

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:13:51 pm by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 07:59:37 pm »

September 2, 2016:  JD has re-stated that Amanita Design is NOT working on Machinarium 2.

liox @Amanita_Design the question as been surly asked, but is there any chance to see a Machinarium 2 any day ? :3 (big fan in here)

Amanita Design @liox008 it’s not planned in the near future

source: Twitter

jorghe88
little rusty robot

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 05:58:34 pm »

I'm a big fan of Machinarium, but hey, sometimes you just need to let a big story stop where it is.
SleepyUser
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 10:02:59 pm »

I'm a big fan of Machinarium, but hey, sometimes you just need to let a big story stop where it is.

Or gather enough ideas to continue it. Wink I understand Amanita's attitude about machinarium and I think it's better the way it is now. I'm sure one day it'll see light, just not any time soon. Also the story within the game is not really big, it's nice but not big. There's just very little revealed about everything..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: