Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:39:56 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug report, resizing screen can cause quest to go unfulfilled...  (Read 14922 times)
DeadWriter
little rusty robot

« on: October 22, 2009, 12:21:12 am »

Bug report, resizing screen can cause quest to go unfulfilled...

I resized the screen (from 80% to 100%) to get a better look as a quest was completed.  What this did was restore the object back to the inventory yet some, not all NPC saw the quest as completed.  I could not complete the quest as the object was simultaneously used and in my inventory.

Where: The Three Musicians
When: Placing cat inside didgeridoo to complete quest
What should happen: When last musician instrument is fixed they should all play.  This leads to a radio being thrown and broken.
What did happen: All three musicians could be clicked on to play music, but did not do it automatically.  Cat stayed in inventory and could not be placed back in didgeridoo, though didgeridoo player could play.  Woman never threw radio.

How: While I placed the cat in the in the didgeridoo I clicked "Window Size" and changed it from 80% to 100%.

Work around: Tried everything- no work around.

Solution: Only loading a previous save fixes problem.

Likely fix: Set screen resizing to be inhibited during automatic sequences. But that may be easier said than done.

Mac version, but likely all versions.

smh
little rusty robot

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 02:29:58 am »

I can confirm this.  Resized screen after completing the 2nd arcade machine puzzle.  I saw the coin come out, but when I clicked the machine, all I got was a shrug from our little machine.  One coin in my inventory when I should have 2.   I replayed both arcade games to attempt to get the second coin that I needed to buy the other battery, but I was told both machines were out of money.  I guess I just have to reload this from my last save.

This happened on the Mac version for me as well.
apolic
little robot

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 11:55:53 am »

I have the same problem. Has anyone find a way to fix this? I don't save to often so i got to start almost over again. ( I play the game on Mac )
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 05:33:34 pm »

No idea how to fix it, nope. But you can download and switch out the .sol (save) file for whichever location you're at so you won't have to start over again.

• The .sol file for any particular location/level can be downloaded from this thread:
https://forum.amanita-design.net/index.php?topic=1274.0

• Instructions for finding the .sol file on your computer can be found in this thread:
https://forum.amanita-design.net/index.php?topic=1095.0
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 02:20:58 am by Lamkin » Logged
apolic
little robot

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 12:44:56 am »

That's great! Thank you very much Lamkin! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: