Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:49:17 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Samorost 1 Soundtrack - The original sources tracklist  (Read 33945 times)
wowbagger
little robot

« on: April 07, 2013, 09:47:12 pm »

The music in Samorost 1 was not originally composed for the game, as many believe. They were sampled from other tracks out there.

Nobody has gone through the trouble of compiling these tracks in one place, so I figured I would do it.

The list is still incomplete. If you know some of the unknown tracks, let me know! But be sure the information is accurate and back it up with a source so we can check it.

The tracks, in order of appearance/scene:

• Intro/Outro: "Diabolous" by The Cinematic Orchestra
  • Hookah guy: unknown
  • Mountain goats: no music
  • Lightbulb-head: unknown
  • Squirrel LPs:
    • Calmy piano: "Be Hind" by Noon ("Bleak output" album), who sampled "Wiatr kołysze gałązkami" by Halina Kunicka
    • Strings: "Music 1" by Noon ("Bleak output" album). Unknown original source.
    • Drum 'n Bass: "Taurus" by Aquasky
  • Anteater: unknown
  • Control room: "Internet Pygmies" by Organic Grooves.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:33:11 am by Alex » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 09:59:29 pm »

The 3rd Squirrel "Drum 'n Bass" LP has (tentatively) been identified as:  "Taurus" by Aquasky [source]

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:50:07 pm by Alex » Logged
wowbagger
little robot

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 10:41:27 pm »

Confirmed and updated.
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 08:31:29 am »

I found the "Control Room" track!  It's an endless loop of the first 4 to 5 seconds of "Internet Pygmies" by Organic Grooves.

source = I have that compilation with the "Internet Pygmies" track on it and except for the tempo and pitch being slowed down it's the same music that's used in Samorost1.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 06:03:09 am by Alex » Logged
Priyma
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood member

Fan from Russia

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 08:59:22 am »

I found the "Control Room" track!  It's an endless loop of the first 4 to 5 seconds of "Internet Pygmies" by Organic Grooves.

source = I have that compilation with the "Internet Pygmies" track on it and except for the tempo and pitch being slowed down it's the same music that's used in Samorost1.

Ohhhh! It's incredible. Thanks, Alex)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: