Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:41:53 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to settings freezes screen in Machinarium [SOLVED]  (Read 18647 times)
Bruooks
little robot

« on: April 20, 2016, 04:08:56 am »

Very frustrated that the settings window does not respond in Machinarium on iphone6. The screen is stuck open making going back to the game impossible now. Also my sound for the game disappeared. Sound quality is 50% of the joy and f the game. Help!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 05:43:39 am by Lamkin » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 05:09:00 am »

You are not having the best luck with the Apple products. ;)
There's the usual suggestion about deleting and reinstalling the game. Have you done that?

Edit: Probably solved the "freezing" issue. See my next post below.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 05:41:15 am by Lamkin » Logged
Bruooks
little robot

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 07:01:43 am »

Hmmmm. Apple. I did delete and add for the other problem. No help. Will try for this one. Thanks.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 05:30:27 am »

I wanted to add something that I realized today, which is that the settings window only toggles between cursor input and touch input. So...perhaps Bruooks inadvertently tapped to switch to the cursor input and then tried to tap once on the 'x' to close the window like one would do in touch input, which wouldn't work. Cursor input works by tapping, holding and dragging the little '+' cursor on the screen so that it's on top of whatever it is you want to select (like you would do with a desktop mouse cursor), and then double-tapping (like a desktop mouse click) to actually select it.

If it helps, below are a couple of screenshots of the SETTINGS window.
The default is TOUCH INPUT, which has no checkbox in the little circle:

If you tap on that circle, a checkmark will appear in it to indicate that you've switched to CURSOR INPUT. The rectangle here shows the slider bar which controls how fast the cursor moves, or tracks, when moving it with your finger:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 12:37:47 am by Lamkin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: