Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:14:03 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to regrow white flowers  (Read 24394 times)
Anrie
little robot

« on: June 18, 2016, 09:38:58 am »

Good morning, according to the hint book, I need two yellow seeds, but the parrot ate the first. I cant get a new (third) one, since the first flower died off (plant is still alive, though).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:45:13 am by Anrie » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 11:58:18 am »

The hint book indicates that you only need one yellow seed, not two. But still, the white flower should regrow as long as you don't have a white flower seed in your inventory, or a white flower growing in the spots up top. Then if it still won't regrow, it's possible that you're not close enough to the flower for it to regrow. And if it *still* won't regrow after all that, you could try quitting and relaunching the game.
Hope that helps. :)

Edit: I was reading through this thread again recently, and thought maybe I'd add an edit here to clarify that it isn't a yellow seed—it's a yellow fruit, of course, that technically contains a seed which grows a white flower. :P
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 06:56:25 am by Lamkin » Logged
Anrie
little robot

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 03:52:43 pm »

Not sure if I'm not understanding something correctly:

According to the hint book:
https://goo.gl/photos/rzWEBxmYTaaqs2Wk6
You need a yellow seed (C) for the red+yellow fruit, and one for the green odd-shaped prickly fruit.

I've relaunched, reloaded and replayed. And still no second white flower:
https://goo.gl/photos/sSQpxyaC4U1FxqAs6

Hope the links work...
Anrie
little robot

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 05:50:21 pm »

Okay, I'm a bit of an idiot.

White flowers also won't regrow if you have a hybrid seed in your inventory (which is part yellow white flower).
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 10:08:29 pm »

Not sure if I'm not understanding something correctly:

According to the hint book:
https://goo.gl/photos/rzWEBxmYTaaqs2Wk6
You need a yellow seed (C) for the red+yellow fruit, and one for the green odd-shaped prickly fruit.

Okay, yes, one yellow seed (C) plus one red seed (A) will get you the red/yellow seed (AC). But then you don't need another yellow seed (C) to make the little mandrake root guy (ABC); you just to need to combine the red/yellow seed (AC) with a green prickly seed (B)....ah, now I see what the misunderstanding is: looking at the hint page, notice that there are actually two separate green odd-shaped prickly fruits! One is a B fruit (as shown on the left page), and the other is a BC fruit (shown on the right page) that looks a bit darker and is more...smushed, if you will. You thought you needed to combine AC with BC. Nope. :)

Embedded the hint page image below:

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 12:34:42 am by Lamkin » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 11:12:20 pm »

White flowers also won't regrow if you have a hybrid seed in your inventory (which is part yellow white flower).

Yep, I'd forgotten about this. Actually, white flowers won't regrow if you have a hybrid BC seed (part yellow + part white) or a hybrid AC seed (part red + part white), probably because either can combine with a non-white flower to make the ABC mandrake root guy.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:29:31 pm by Lamkin » Logged
kiki
little robot

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 10:14:34 pm »

I'm also having trouble around the yellow seed issue.

I did the sequence for cross pollenating the flowers wrong, but I can't redo the sequence without the yellow seed...which seems to be a problem, since the plant that produced it, (the one the parrot eats) no longer flowers.  I've tried to go back to the previous 'planet' and start again....but that doesn't work.  I've deleted saved games, so the last place in the saves, IS the last planet....but it still brings me back to the same place.

How does one start a new game ?

Thanks in advance for any advice. =)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 01:24:34 am »

Quote from: kiki

How does one start a new game ?

See this post.

Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 03:22:19 am »

I did the sequence for cross pollenating the flowers wrong, but I can't redo the sequence without the yellow seed...which seems to be a problem, since the plant that produced it, (the one the parrot eats) no longer flowers.

You can start a new game if you wish, but I thought I'd mention that if the white flower (the one the parrot eats) won't regrow, it's likely that its yellow seed is not needed to produce the mandrake root. It would help if you could post a screenshot of the scene with the flower beds and your spaceship.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:48:53 am by Lamkin » Logged
kiki
little robot

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 06:09:28 pm »

Thankyou for your repy.  Apologies for overlooking the post that already addressed this issue.  I looked...but apparently not hard enough. =))

Anyways...that helped...and I have solved the seed puzzle.

The problem I was having, is that when I went back to a previous 'save'...it still brought me back to where I last left off...even after deleting the last save.  (?) 

Much appreciation for your help. =)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 07:14:16 pm »

Quote from: kiki

Apologies for overlooking the post that already addressed this issue.  I looked...but apparently not hard enough. =))

I apologize to you and anyone else that's ever looked for how to restart the game.  I should have moved that topic to the Samorost 3 Puzzle Q&A board last year.  Roll Eyes   (it's now been moved, thanks kiki  Smiley )

And congrats on solving your seed problem!

Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 11:40:16 pm »

I've tried to go back to the previous 'planet' and start again....but that doesn't work.  I've deleted saved games, so the last place in the saves, IS the last planet....but it still brings me back to the same place.

The problem I was having, is that when I went back to a previous 'save'...it still brought me back to where I last left off...even after deleting the last save.  (?)  

Been thinking about this...wondering (musing, pondering, if you will) why you hadn't been able to get back to a previous save on that last planet. And the only thing that makes any sense to me is that perhaps you were attempting to revert to an earlier save by tinkering around only while on the SAVE screen. Looking at the screenshot below, you'll see both an up arrow and a down arrow; the up arrow takes you to the LOAD screen, while the down arrow takes you to the SAVE screen:

The SAVE screen only allows you to save your progress at a particular location...that's it. What you needed to do was to click on the up arrow to get to the LOAD screen and then click on the circle showing the last planet—doing that would have brought you back there.
Of course, when looking at the actual menu, there aren't any words underneath the symbols, which is a bit confusing, plus the saving and loading screens look very similar to one another, which is perhaps even more confusing; as it is essentially the same screen showing the same circles. O_o
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 08:03:48 am by Lamkin » Logged
kiki
little robot

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 02:49:52 am »

Well....I suspect you are likely right....although I can't confirm one way or the other, since I tried everything many times and I'm not sure what it was that did the trick. =))
Thank goodness Aminta games are so beautiful, that they are worth a couple of hiccups.  =)

I've put the game aside for a couple of days, as I think I'm nearing the end and I'm not ready for it to be over yet.    Cheesy
SleepyUser
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 11:04:14 pm »

Well....I suspect you are likely right....although I can't confirm one way or the other, since I tried everything many times and I'm not sure what it was that did the trick. =))
Thank goodness Aminta games are so beautiful, that they are worth a couple of hiccups.  =)

I've put the game aside for a couple of days, as I think I'm nearing the end and I'm not ready for it to be over yet.    Cheesy

Cheesy you can always replay it, Amanita games always are amazing, no matter how many times you play them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: