Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:38:15 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can not save game progress? (upgrade to v1.1, or create more storage space)  (Read 17324 times)
mIgmOd
little rusty robot

« on: September 04, 2016, 08:45:58 pm »

On my iPad Air (one) the game does not remember my progress through the game and always starts from the beginning whenever I boot it up. Also, the saved locations are forgotten. Is this a bug or am I missing something?  Huh
Otherwise, lots of fun!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:01:39 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 06:16:53 am »

Edit #1: I wanted to add something which Alex found and quoted in the post below—something Amanita Design said on Facebook, which is that it's possible that the cause of this is from having too little storage space left on your device; create more space (e.g., by deleting some apps) and see if this fixes the issue.

(Thanks, Alex!)

Edit #2: This issue should be resolved now after the recent 1.1 update, as iCloud support has been added. So make sure to update to this latest version.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:52:25 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 05:36:02 pm »

source: Amanita Design Facebook

Marie Black: I'm unable to save. My saves appear while I'm playing and I have no issues saving but when I come back in the game they are gone and I have to restart. Any ideas to fix it? Thanks!

Amanita Design: maybe this could happen if you are running out of storage space.

Marie Black: I didn't even think of that!!! I've freed up space and will try again tonight. Thank you!

Otessa: Marie Ghadar How much storage is needed? I have 910MB and am still having the same problem that Marie is. Please help!! Would love to be able to save my progress !

Otessa: Marie Ghadar (I also have an iphone 6, so it should be compatible)

Marie Black: I don't think you have enough [storage space] as I had just a little less than you do now. I deleted things and now have 3.1 GB so I'm hoping that will be enough to save.

Marie Black:  Otessa, I have tried again and with more available [storage space] I was able to save and come back into the game and my save was still there! Hope you're able to fix your issue and keep playing.

Moderator comment: Ack. It seems people are confusing storage space with memory, so I edited this post. :) ~Lamkin

Moderator comment: Good catch Lamkin!  The devil is always in the details.  ;)   ~Alex

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 09:18:24 am by Alex » Logged
Givinchy
little rusty robot

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 06:23:48 pm »

I had no problem saving progress when I opened or closed the app.  However, I wanted to start a second game from the beginning and I seem to have lost everything.  The image of the first saved game still shows the planet I was on...but when I go to that game I am taken back to the very beginning.  Just wondering if this is the same issue of storage/Incan currently only have one saved game, or if I inadvertently restarted the saved game (I really don't think I did...).
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 09:33:04 pm »

The image of the first saved game still shows the planet I was on...but when I go to that game I am taken back to the very beginning.

Seems you thought that circle was an autosave spot, but the game does not use those circles to keep track of your progress when you close or quit the game. So the image of the first saved game—that first save circle with the image of your home planet and the '0' underneath it—is actually from the very beginning of the game; tapping that first circle is how you restart the game. Screenshot:

And yes, I do think several people have been confused by this. :/ So you'll need to create a save spot if you wish to return to a certain point in your game. To do that, looking at the screenshot above, you'd want to tap the icon with the down arrow, and then you'll see that same screen with all of those empty circles; tap on a circle to create a save of your current screen/location. Note that all the circles, with the exception of that beginning '0' circle, can be overwritten once they've been used by tapping the little 'x' underneath the number (which will clear/erase the save spot so that it can be used again):
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 06:28:59 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: