Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:32:33 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Samorost 3 (Windows 10) Black screen [SOLVED]  (Read 11860 times)
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« on: December 29, 2016, 07:25:36 pm »

Amanita Design's lead support person, Zdenek, has posted a request on Steam's Samorost 3 discussion forum for all players suffering from black screen problems.
  Here's the link and here is what he wrote:

Hi players, here is Zdenek from Amanita Design. Could all of you with "the black screen bug" please send us your system information? You find it via the Steam menu - Help - System Information. Please copy the whole thing.
The email is: support@amanita-design.net
Email subject: S3 win black screen.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 09:54:57 am by Alex » Logged
bertron
little robot

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 06:38:40 pm »

hello Zdenek,

I don't have the Steam version installed. It's just the normal Windows (7) version but the same problem as described by the steam useres.
I will give you details about the used Hardware later on.
Could you please provide an older version for download, that hasn't got this black screen problem?

best regards,
Bernd
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 07:08:48 pm »

hello Zdenek,

I don't have the Steam version installed. It's just the normal Windows (7) version but the same problem as described by the steam useres.
I will give you details about the used Hardware later on.
Could you please provide an older version for download, that hasn't got this black screen problem?

best regards,
Bernd

@bertron,  I reposted Zdenek's post from Steam's Samorost 3 discussion forum here onto this forum, but Zdenek does not (to my knowledge) read this forum.  He's too busy with the emails requesting support that flood in to support@amanita-design.net every day.  That is where you must write him if you want his help.  

However, if you write to him "I will give you details about the used Hardware later on", your request for assistance will probably be ignored.  I would suggest that you send him an email with the Subject "S3 win black screen" (as he requested) and that you tell him where you purchased your standalone copy of S3 and then add your Windows 7 system information (see here how to find that), and leave it at that.  He will not provide you with an older version but he will forward your information to the Amanita Design programmers responsible for finding a solution that will be applied to the next update/fix.

Thanks!
Alex

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 08:57:55 pm by Alex » Logged
bertron
little robot

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 07:14:30 pm »

Ah, ok - I see. Thank you very much. I will do so

Bernd
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 09:54:19 am »

Good news post from "Amanita Design developer" on Steam's Samorost 3 discussion forum!

Jan 5 @ 4:13am   "the black screen issue is fixed in the latest update. Sorry for the trouble."  

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: