Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:37:00 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saved positions synchronization via iCloud  (Read 13909 times)
Dimensionone
little robot

« on: December 17, 2017, 09:16:07 pm »

I have a question - using the version on Apple TV and iPad. I have started on Apple TV, then moved to iPad. I can see the progress was synchronized and I could continued to play. I have saved the position on iPad than returned to Apple TV, but unfortunately I cannot see the saved positions from iPad. I can see only the positions saved on Apple TV.
Do you have any idea how can I get saved progress from iPad loaded into Apple TV? Using the latest version of you gave on all devices.
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 03:31:01 am »

I've been looking into this for bit now (i.e., googling, as I have an iPad but don't have an Apple TV device to tinker around with and test this out on for myself) and it seems there are other iOS games where overall progress is saved between devices, but saved games are not...so perhaps this is the case with Machinarium? But if it is indeed the case, there still might be a way around it, but that might involve possibly using another app to get at the saved game data in order to transfer it to your Apple TV.
But I'm not all that certain about any of this, so I'm going to ask Amanita directly to get a more definitive answer and then get back to you on this... I'll make a new post below after I've heard back.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 02:58:31 am by Lamkin » Logged
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 06:09:31 pm »

Okay, I heard back and was told that the feature (save slots syncing) is "not currently available". I would go a bit further and say that it seems there is only one programmer working on updating all of the new versions of Machinarium, and there are several versions, plus it seems there have been some difficulties that have come up, so it might take some time for the issue to be addressed. The Mac version of the Definitive Update hasn't even been released yet, as an example.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:48:51 pm by Lamkin » Logged
Dimensionone
little robot

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 09:20:50 pm »

Thank you for your response. I am sorry to hear that the synchronization is not working via iCloud. This would be very handy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: