Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:44:47 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Black screen on Mac OS X 10.6.1  (Read 54909 times)
gounaiel
little robot

« on: October 27, 2009, 08:29:45 pm »

Hi !

I just bought Machinarium and downloaded it on my Mac; but, whereas the demo version worked perfectly, the full version just launches the title screen "Machinarium",
I uncheck the "hardware acceleration" box, and when I click on "Machinarium, nothing happens, juste a black screen remains.

I have a MacBook unibody, OS X 10.6.1 and the latest version of Flash Player

Could you me to solve this problem ?

Thanks
popsUlfr
Global Moderator
black cap brotherhood boss

Houndeye

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 09:32:45 pm »

Not sure but Is a link added to the desktop or something? Did you try launching the executable directly?
Sorry, never had a MAC.
gounaiel
little robot

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 10:30:38 pm »

No shortcut on the desktop. I launch the program directly from my application folder, from the Machinarium.
In the folder, there are four more subfolders named 00, 01, A0 & 11.

I've seen on the forum that this problem happened on Linux and on older versions of Mac OS X too.

Thanks anyway  Wink
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 10:33:15 pm »

A0

Is that a typo? It's "10" for me.
gounaiel
little robot

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 01:17:56 am »

Sorry, yeah it's 10  Roll Eyes
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 01:39:59 am »

I realize that you have Snow Leopard installed and not Panther, but have you tried this solution which I'd mentioned in another thread?
Of course, you shouldn't have to run the game this way, and it seems to me that if the demo works perfectly, then the full version should also work perfectly. Additionally, play really had no choice but to run the game via Adobe's standalone Flash Player, but someone whose computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements deserves to have an application that will work when double-clicked.
I wish I could be more helpful.
=o(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 07:01:35 pm by Alex » Logged
dagaz
little robot

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 09:17:59 am »

I'm also getting the black screen issue in 10.6.1. It natively runs under Flash Player 10, I tried downloading Flash Player 9 and running it uder that (as per the linked thread) and it makes no difference. Also, I'm only running the demo version. I would really like to give this game a go, but can't at the moment.
gounaiel
little robot

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 11:10:21 am »

Thanks Lamkin !

I tried your solution and it didn't work. Angry

So I re-downloaded the demo version, and it doesn't work anymore.

I ran Onyx and tried to relaunch the Demo version and the Full Version. They both don't launch after the title screen : I solely have that black screen and the menu bars (up and down) appear when I move my cursor.

Help !!!! Cry Cry
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 11:53:53 am »

It natively runs under Flash Player 10...
Yep, I'm well aware of that. I'd only suggested using Flash Player 9 because I wasn't able to find a standalone version of Flash Player 10; I don't think one exists.

Thanks Lamkin !

I tried your solution and it didn't work. Angry

So I re-downloaded the demo version, and it doesn't work anymore.
Yikes! Well, at least there's some consistency now, eh? (I'm teasing.) Seriously though, it'd be nice to know if anyone has successfully run the game under OS X 10.6.1. And, it'd also be nice to get the developers' input on this...
Help! =op
gounaiel
little robot

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 01:02:37 pm »

Could anyone tell me how many files there is in each folders of the Machinarium folder?

I'm trying to solve the problem via email directly from the developers.

Their first mail told me to re-download the archive file; then, to check how many files in each folder.

Damn, why on earth the Demo Version doesn't work anymore ?! Shocked

-Maybe AppDelete deleted any important file when I erased my first install of Machinarium (it asked me if I wanted to erase Flash Player and various flash plugins and stuff when I put the Machinarium folder into the trash. Hell no !) ?
-Maybe Onyx did that kind of thing too ?

Huh I'm quite sure the answer is around those applications. Huh

dagaz
little robot

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 09:16:04 pm »

@gounaiel

I'm getting the exact same problem as you (except demo only) on a brand new install (I'd never even heard of Machinarium before it popped up on MacUpdate yesterday).
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 10:51:47 pm »

@gounaiel: I doubt the problem is that you're missing a file.

You guys could always try repairing disk permissions; it's doubtful that that would help, but it certainly wouldn't hurt, either...  ;o)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 07:25:21 am by Lamkin » Logged
gounaiel
little robot

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 09:11:18 pm »

up !!! Shocked
popsUlfr
Global Moderator

Houndeye

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 09:19:34 pm »

up !!! Shocked

Bumping is bad!  Shocked
bsoplinger
citizen robot

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 03:45:30 pm »

I saw this thread the other day and last night I had a need to boot into 10.6.1 vs my normal 10.5.8 so I checked out my setup. The full game runs fine for me under 10.6.1 on a hackintosh'd Dell netbook. Since that's got about the same horsepower as the first Intel Mac minis (and the same GMA 950) pretty much any Intel Mac is a better machine than what I use. So if I can run it there sure isn't any general system issue with the game and SL 10.6.1 at least.

The only suggestion I could offer would be to go to the Adobe page and explicitly download and re-install the latest version of the Flash player for OS X and give it another try. Otherwise I can't offer any help other than to say it does run on 10.6.1, sorry Sad
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: