Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:38:19 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Connected Universe  (Read 21762 times)
BUTLER3
noble citizen robot

« on: December 25, 2017, 08:17:47 pm »

Is there an Amanita Design connected universe?
In Machinarium you can see the robot from Samorost 2, in Samorost 3 the Gnome dreams of singing at a campfire with Joseph  (main character in Machinarium)  at the end of the game, and also in Samorost 3 in the first book there looks to be something that looks like the parasite from Botanicula.

Just a theory.  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 05:17:09 pm by BUTLER3 » Logged
BUTLER3
noble citizen robot

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 09:15:43 am »

I don't know if I have missed anything, but if I have, let me know.
I am also looking forward to finding easter eggs in Chuckle.

I would like to see your responses and your own theories, but you should probably read this entire thread first.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 09:46:35 am by BUTLER3 » Logged
BUTLER3
noble citizen robot

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 10:36:12 am »

Obviously Samorost 1, 2 and 3 are in the same universe, but something cool I found is that you can see the taxi driver and the two planets besides your home planet in the telescope.

Also, if Machinarium were in the same universe than the planet it takes place on would be gigantic compared to the ones Samorost.

Another theory of mine is that maybe the tree from Botanicula is right in front of our eyes, either in Samorost or Machinarium.
Is there any planet with only one tree on it in Samorost? And maybe all the pollution on the planet where Machinarium takes place wiped out all the other trees. (And the parasite did the rest.)
BUTLER3
noble citizen robot

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 04:10:19 pm »

Just remembered that the sunflower is a main part of the story of machinarium, so my theory is ruined.

I know there are plants in the greenhouse as well, but I think robots should be smart enough to understand that they should preserve nature, and that they designed it in a way that it protects the plants from pollution, like the fan robot.
I still don't understand how they can survive with the window open.

I think we can all agree that there are no plants outside the city.  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 09:34:07 am by BUTLER3 » Logged
BUTLER3
noble citizen robot

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 06:04:39 pm »

All the signs point to yes.
All we need is an official conformation.  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 09:47:02 am by BUTLER3 » Logged
BUTLER3
noble citizen robot

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 07:17:43 pm »

Just remembered that in Botanicula in the part with the solar system there is a mini Joseph and Gnome with spaceship.
(Miss the spaceship so much! Even have an old T-Shirt that for some reason I couldn't find any pictures of online, but still have it.  Smiley)

Love the "A trip to the moon" reference.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 07:20:48 pm by BUTLER3 » Logged
BUTLER3
noble citizen robot

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 08:23:19 am »

Maybe Machinarium takes place on Earth many years into the future, and humans have gone extinct.

That means Rocketman happened on the same planet, but long before.
Maybe the scientists invented some early versions of the robots we see in Machinarium, but they became too smart and turned the planet into a city surrounded by a junkyard, which is an optimal environment for them.

The quest for the rest looks like it takes place on a planet the same size as Earth as well.
Maybe the Quest for the rest also takes place on the same planet as Machinarium and Rocketman, (Earth), but it's either in the past or in the present. (Compared to Rocketman.)

Chuchel and Shy dwarf have the same style, (both made by Jaromír Plachy), simplistic with a white background.
I think they both take place in some character's head, since they don't fit in any way else.

Osada could either take place on Earth, or be the visions of a drunk man.
In fact, all of these games could be the visions of a drunk man.

Questionaut has the same size of planets as the samorost series, but they do not have stars and dark space as the background, so I don't know where I could add it in, but I will count it as close to Samorost.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 01:13:29 pm by BUTLER3 » Logged
BUTLER3
noble citizen robot

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 01:42:58 pm »

I have made a timeline!
Here, take a look:
(This is definitely not correct, because there just isn't enough information.)

The first thing that ever happens is the events of "Quest for the rest", then shortly after, the events of "Rocketman".
This is when the scientists made the first prototypes for the robots we see in "Machinarium".
A few years later the robots got too smart and overtook the humans.
A while after that, "Botanicula", then a very long time after that "Machinarium".
This all happened on the same planet, probably Earth.

Shortly after Botanicula, Questionaut happens, but closer to where Samorost takes place.
A long time after Botanicula, Samorost 1, then shortly after that Samorost 2 happen.
(Machinarium occurs shortly after Samorost 2.)
Shortly - a while after Machinarium, Samorost 3 happens.

Shy dwarf and CHUCHEL could happen anywhere during this timeline, and Osada occurs probably somewhere towards the beginning.

I know that a lot of what is in this timeline goes against what I have posted in the past, as well as what happens in the games, but I will definitely update this in the future.

Shortly after - 1 day to 5 years
A while after - 5 to 20 years
A long time - 20 to 50 years
A very long time - 40 to 100 years
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:31:48 pm by BUTLER3 » Logged
SleepyUser
black cap brotherhood member

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 09:53:57 pm »

Well this is intresting, things like these are usually considered as easter eggs only, but at the same time, are made so that it's up to your own fantasy and interpretation whether the worlds are connceted or not. Another game I play does this same thing.
BUTLER3
noble citizen robot

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 09:44:02 pm »

I got the CHUCHEL Cherry version, and I started playing. I'm at the part where CHUCHEL spits black goop at Kekel in space. I will try to tie in this game to my theory, once I have completed it but it's 9:45 pm where I live and I must sleep, so I will try to finish it later.
BUTLER3
noble citizen robot

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 06:49:36 pm »

Hi I just finished playing CHUCHEL. I won't spoil anything yet, but I haven't found any Easter eggs anyway. Yet. I will keep searching FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bedivere
noble citizen robot

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 05:46:03 pm »

It seems to me that only real easter egg in Chuchel is in the main menu when you pause the game and click on the mushroom. It seems to me pretty disappointing. Only possible connection seems to me the part when Chuchel wants to use lightsaber against the Alien. The same lightsaber appeared in Botanicula (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FilM1cBxqY).
BUTLER3
noble citizen robot

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 06:04:46 pm »

Yeah. I've played through the game twice so far, and I'm still missing 2 achievements. But on Amanita Design's Facebook page they asked: "what was your favorite moment of Chuchel", and one person responded by writing: "when he meets Josef". I have no clue what this person is referring to.
Bedivere
noble citizen robot

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 06:12:50 pm »

I have all achievements and also played it twice and also didn't meet Josef. I looked on the Facebook page. The person didn't meet Josef in the game. He just expressed his wish for Machinarium 2 where would Chuchel make an appearance.
BUTLER3
noble citizen robot

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2018, 06:44:29 pm »

I just looked at it and you're right.
I just didn't look at it for a while, and I've only seen it once before now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: