Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 11:14:16 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to upgrade old version of Machinarium  (Read 14326 times)
therobot
little robot

« on: January 20, 2018, 10:23:22 am »

Hi guys -- purchased a copy of Machinarium years ago. I saw that the game has been updated since then, and the article I read says old owners could upgrade for free. However, I've had a heck of a time figuring out how to do that. Can anybody assist? Love the game and would like to play it on my modern system. Thanks!
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 07:44:22 pm »

I'm wondering if you'd bought the game when Amanita was using FastSpring. If so, you might try contacting the developers to ask them how you might receive an updated version of the game. You can use the form at the bottom of this page:
http://amanita-design.net/contact.html
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:05:39 am by Lamkin » Logged
therobot
little robot

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 02:45:37 am »

Thanks for the suggestion! You're correct, I bought the game back when it first came out. Unfortunately, did try multiple ways to reach the company and haven't heard back. That's why I came here. Anyone else been through this process  Huh
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 05:32:20 am »

Quote from: therobot
Hi guys -- purchased a copy of Machinarium years ago. I saw that the game has been updated since then, and the article I read says old owners could upgrade for free.

Hmm. I searched The Web for [ "machinarium definitive version" + free ] and the only article I found with those terms was this one which states "Machinarium’s Definitive Version is now available as a free update on Steam, but only on Windows PC."

So that kind of presumes that someone wanting to upgrade must either have bought the game on Steam or somehow got a Steam key for the game.

Try writing to Amanita support, explain that you bought the game a long time ago, and then ask them for a Steam key.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 05:39:22 am by Alex » Logged
therobot
little robot

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 01:18:49 am »

Good suggestion. I have done this twice now (contacted Amanita customer support) and haven't heard from them in over a week. Anyone know how to get through to them? Just feel bummed because I'm a legit owner of the game and I want access to the free update!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 09:07:13 pm »

This is a topic you might wish to post on the Machinarium on Steam discussion page.  No doubt there are other persons (myself included) that bought Machinarium when it first came out and/or we bought hard copies from Mamba that can not be updated with the "definitive update" because we are not Steam enabled.

Get a spoon, bang a pan, start a ruckus and Amanita Design might notice and do something about this circumstance.

Or... just wait.  Amanita Design games go on sale on Steam several times a year.  There will probably be a sale after Chuchel is released.  So for the price of a cappuccino you will able to buy Machinarium ~ and probably Botanicula and maybe even Samorost 3 ~ for a few bucks on Steam and thereafter get all the updates that might follow.   Smiley

« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 09:31:38 pm by Alex » Logged
therobot
little robot

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 11:33:42 am »

Hey thanks, Alex! Just posted that on the steam machinarium forum. Great tip. Let's see what happens! Amanita customer service still hasn't gotten back to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: