Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:46:39 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrench in the book  (Read 22218 times)
Rkfan101
little robot

« on: May 13, 2014, 07:07:30 pm »

So i know where all three wrenches having had to watch a walk through however I can't turn the pages on the book to get the third wrench, I'm using a galaxy s3 so that might be an issue, have tried restarting the game and it didn't help, any suggestions?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 05:02:28 pm »

I've never played Machinarium on a touchscreen, so this is just a guess:
instead of "tapping" the book to activate the animation of turning pages you may need to tap~hold~swipe, like if you had a physical book open in front of you and were turning the pages with your index finger.  Tapping & holding is the same technique you'll eventually have to use to turn cranks, pedal gizmos, and press seeds later in the game.   Wink

Rkfan101
little robot

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 05:58:51 pm »

Ya tried the tap hold swipe thing, and it's a no go he just puts the book away
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 07:12:31 pm »

Rkfan101,
This happens on iPad as well. What worked for the iOS version was to leave the book, do something else (like grab one of the other wrenches or walk around a little) and then walk back to it and try again. Hoping that works also for Android. Maybe? Hopefully?
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 07:18:30 pm »

Thanks Lamkin!  @Rkfan101, I was going to suggest that you chat up the Big Wrench Guy. (maybe he'll give you one of the three you need and you can move on with the game?)

Ezekyil
little rusty robot

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 03:53:34 pm »

I dont know whether it's still unanswered, but on the mobile version, there's an option to enable the curser, this gives you the ability to turn the pages.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: