Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 11:19:27 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Build missing from inventory bar  (Read 13865 times)
Gorec
little rusty robot

« on: February 13, 2018, 12:01:59 am »

Hi all! It usually ends up being me that's the problem....but this realllllly feels like something is wrong. I get in the elevator, and getting the bulb (3 prong) from the vacuum...and see it in my inventory...but when I click on the puzzle, it is not there anymore for me to place it...and its back again once I'm zoomed out...
Lamkin
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 12:13:59 am »

Sorry I hadn't responded sooner...I've been sick as a dog lately.

Yeah, I agree with you that something is wrong. On my phone, I'm seeing that the inventory bar (as well as the menu options along the bottom) has the ends sort of clipped off when I click on the puzzle, though I can still see enough of the edge of the bulb to be able to tap on it and bring it down:

I'm thinking perhaps the reason why it's not totally cut off for me might be because I have a giant-sized iPhone 7 Plus with the bigger screen (and yes, I know you have an Android device, but I don't think that matters here??).

Now, even though you can't see the bulb in your inventory, I'm wondering if tapping your screen way up in the upper-left corner might allow you to drag it down anyway?
If not, there might be one last way to get to it by enabling cursor mode. To do this, you'll need to navigate to the SETTINGS window; it's the little gear icon located along the bottom of the screen after opening the main menu.
The default is TOUCH INPUT, which has no checkbox in the little circle:

If you tap on that circle, a checkmark will appear in it to indicate that you've switched to CURSOR INPUT. The rectangle here shows the slider bar which controls how fast the cursor moves, or tracks, when moving it with your finger:

I'd try to then roll up your cursor as far as you can in that upper-left corner, even past the edge of the screen, if you follow me, so that you can then grab the invisible bulb and drag it down. Then you can switch back to touch input and continue the game.

Edit: An interesting find! I tried enabling cursor input on my phone just to kind of play around with this, and I found that it fixed the inventory bar so that it's no longer clipped when the puzzle is clicked on. :) So hopefully that will also work for you. (And just a heads-up, but it's possible you might have to repeat this once you've gotten that last and final bulb.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 07:33:00 am by Lamkin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: