Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:52:52 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot run Chuchel on Windows  (Read 6945 times)
barbelkraut
little rusty robot

« on: March 12, 2018, 01:28:19 pm »

Hi, I installed Chuchel just now (Windows 8 ) and I'm getting this message when trying to run it: 'This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found.'

I have already installed Adobe AIR and restarted my computer. Is there anyone who can help me to solve this? Thank you!
Alex
Global Moderator
mayor robot

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 04:55:39 pm »

Hi barbelkraut,

Although the technical specs to run CHUCHEL on Windows clearly state: OS: Windows 7, 8, 10...  I have also seen that the technical specs to run AIR on Windows state:

2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbook class devices
    Microsoft® Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 Classic or Windows 10
    512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
    AIR SDK Development Supports Microsoft® Windows 7 and above, 64-bit only

And then found this direct quote on an "Adobe Flash Player Issues | Windows 8" support page:
"If you are using Windows 8.0, please update to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 to continue to receive Flash Player updates"

So this may be the reason for your error message and you may have to update to Windows 8.1, but I'm just guessing.  

I suggest you post your question on the Steam CHUCHEL discussion forum to discover if anyone else running Windows 8 is having the same trouble you are.

And, finally, you might wish to have a look at this info page: "Troubleshoot installation of AIR on Windows".  

Sorry I couldn't provide you with a sure fix but I hope you'll either find your solution soon or one will be provided directly from Amanita Design support.   Wink

Good luck and please post a follow up when you solve your problem.

Thanks.

p.s.  Just found one more link that might help you: "Why I can't run an app of adobe air on windows 8?"

p.p.s.  On further examination I think you may succeed by using "compatibility mode".  Explained here.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:40:49 am by Alex » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: